Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday, 7/8/18

CC C.
on 7/8/18 9:37 am

Yikes, Gwen! Glad you're feeling better!

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 11:40 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Ah! Oh no, Gwen :( I am glad you are feeling better and getting back on track with drinking.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/8/18 7:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is a beautiful day here - one of those perfect summer days where the temperature, humidity and breeze are just right. I think we get hot again next week. Our options for the day are the Wampanoag Pow Wow, kayaking on our pond, and/or beaching...

QOTD: I get up early but need a couple of hours of alone time before I talk much to anyone. I can still get things done, I just don't like to interact. I imagine this stems from years of commuting long distances early in the morning to an office which was mostly empty when I first arrived.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon burger or chicken sausage

S: ostrim meat stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Jess Says Yes
on 7/8/18 7:39 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning! Hoping to have a bit of a Sunday Funday with the kids. Maybe bowling or something fun.

QOTD: I am NOT and never have been a morning person. I'm a bit of an insomniac as well as a night owl. I need a full nights sleep and even then it's hard for me to wake up.

B - coffee & protein

L - shrimp ceviche

D - more shrimp ceviche!

E - squats, high knees, calf raises

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Teresa G.
on 7/8/18 8:58 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning, Mersh! I hope you get a long, restful sleep. Are you on night shift permanently?

Husband and I had a quiet day yesterday...we put our girl Sophie in the back of the SUV and went to Costco (Premier Protein - Caramel in stock!), then went to the farm store to get his anniversary hanging basket and ended up getting TWO! So Ms. Sophie shared the back of the vehicle with Costco loot AND two huge baskets of flowers. She loved it though...she really loves going to car rides.

QOTD: Do you wake up ready to go in the mornings, or do you struggle to function for awhile?
I pretty much hit the ground running. During the work week I will be getting on the treadmill in the morning, then shower, shampoo and shine, get dressed, make smoothie and out the door. I'm planning on packing my lunch the night before so I don't have to worry about that. Now my husband, on the other hand, is TOTAL night owl, and nearly incoherent for the first couple hours after he gets up.

I am SO excited that his employer has FREE gym memberships for us. It's a fancy-schmancy gym BUT it has water fitness classes! I'm planning on going Tues/Thur evenings, and Saturday morning. My knee is still so messed up; I can barely do 20 min on the treadmill at a pretty light pace, so I'm expecting that I'll actually be able to get a GOOD workout in the pool. I'm also looking forward to starting back up with my kettlebells. I felt SO strong and powerful when I was working with them regularly!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

MissCheri18
on 7/8/18 11:17 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

That's great to get free membership! I found that working in the pool, doing it all even jumping jacks was the best way to when I was relearning how to walk etc. there is NO PAIN after the workout and for me if I lost my little balance I can swim and not be hurt by the fall, it worked great! Eventually I got strong/healed enough to do out of water exercises like bike and all that. You can even go to a pool supple store and get weights for in the pool IF your gym doesn't already offer them. Have fun!

PCBR
on 7/8/18 11:33 am, edited 7/8/18 4:34 am

Yes on the pool! You can build some great tone and endurance in the pool?and it?s fun! The water pressure against your body also works as a secondary pump for your circulation, so you can get your heart rate up without that freaky chest-pounding feeling.

Like MissCheri says, you can get little weight and dumbbells to add some resistance. I have these triangle shaped ones that I use to create resistance in the water and create a pretty good workout for the smaller muscles in my arms (hoping to somewhat reduce my batwings)

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

PCBR
on 7/8/18 11:38 am

Awesome about the gym membership! I have a company gym membership at $25 per month (not bad for a very new, state of the art facility). But I admit, I have not used it yet. I'm embarrassed about working out alongside colleagues, etc. I hate the thought of getting all red and out of breath in front of all these super in shape co-workers, potential future bosses, etc. I know I need to get over it--it just touches into those old feelings of being the kid who couldn't run a mile in gym class.

Teresa G.
on 7/8/18 12:54 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I'm kinda weirded out about putting on a swimsuit and getting in the pool at this kind of gym (very upscale and hoity-toity) but I guess I shouldn't care...I'm old and fat and if they don't like it they can kiss my flat lilly-white ass!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

PCBR
on 7/8/18 2:39 pm

I understand. I don't like getting in a swimsuit in any public setting, but I do it with a smile on my face because I am NOT going to pass down body shame and hatred to my girls, or miss chances to play with them while they are little. Also, I try to remember: Most people are so obsessed with how they look, they don't spend that much time thinking about how others look. And like you say: If they do, they can kiss my butt.

Is the pool outdoors or indoors? One thing that helps me at outdoor pool settings is my long-sleeved rash guard UV shirt. Protects my pale self from sun damage and cancer, while conveniently hiding trouble spots. I also use board shorts--again, sun protection + thigh coverup. Even at my most fit, my thighs/legs were big and lumpy. But hey, at least they are strong and have carried me to some beautiful places.

Most Active
Recent Topics