Whatchat Eating Today VSGers, Thursday, July 5

Teresa G.
on 7/5/18 2:00 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

During the explosions, I couldn't help but think about those poor souls who actually do live in war zones and hear that all the time. Which made me ever more thankful that I live in the U.S.A.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Jess Says Yes
on 7/5/18 9:27 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! I'm off today and relaxing at home with the kids. It feels wonderful after weeks of being on the go. We're going to a bbq at my in-laws tonight, which should be nice.

QOTD: Wheel of Fortune for sure. My mom & I used to watch it all the time and we're pretty good. We always wished we could be on one of the mother/daughter episodes!

B - coffee & protein

L - salami & cheddar

D - cheeseburger no bun, green beans, and a couple bites of mac & cheese casserole

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/5/18 10:09 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Good afternoon everyone! Finally a cloudy day so it's not as brutally hot as it has been. I'm pretty sure rain is coming. Got my nails done this morning because I am terrible at painting them myself always looks like a toddler did it. Just a relaxing day at home today and cooking all day so I can food prep for the rest of the week.

QOTD - I have always wanted to be on Family Feud or Wheel of Fortune. I have both games on my phone and play them if I ever have time, which isn't very often unfortunately.

B - coffee and Caramel Premier protein

L - Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

D - Instant Pot General Tso's Chicken

S - not sure maybe Skinny Mozzarella sticks or a protein bar

E - No running for me today my body needs a rest day but I will do Donkey Kicks and Bodyweight Squats

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Teresa G.
on 7/5/18 2:06 pm, edited 7/5/18 7:09 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I'm getting a pedicure tomorrow.

Yesterday, I got an absolutely amazing facial - the full treatment! A friend of mine is a top-rated esthetician and she knows her stuff.

Nurturing self-care, right?! That's what my therapist said I need to do, so I'm only following directions.

(EDITED TO ADD):

Nikki, please share your recipe for the General Tso's Chicken!

Teresa (WA State)

Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

PCBR
on 7/5/18 2:28 pm

Last week, I was at a resort. Sitting outside the cabana, I noticed that my poor toes haven't had any pedicure love in an age (usually, I'd get one before a trip...but between family events and my surgery, just didn't think about it). The good news is that I didn't feel too bad about it, because I was feeling happy that my old bathing suit fit :D and that I had successfully managed to stay on-plan and energetic, despite being away from the comforts of home.

A facial sounds so good right now. I love when they massage your face and shoulders. There's a spa in my area that does this amazing foot treatment/foot/leg massage (and while you soak, they get your neck and shoulders). It's a great treatment if you want to wonderful massage without having to get naked (they give you baggy pants and a big ol' t-shirt. Anyway, I think it will be the perfect reward when I hit my next goal. I could probably pay for it with all the money I'm not spending on lunches these days.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Teresa G.
on 7/5/18 4:51 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

She also massaged my arms and feet! She's amaaaazing.

What about that sugar scrub that they always try to up-sell here? I absolutely HATE it and always tell them to skip that and the hot wax thing. I just want a soak, foot massage, trim and polish! I used to always have wine during my pedi too...now alas, I'll just have iced tea.

And congrats on fitting into your suit AND staying on plan!

Teresa (WA State)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/5/18 2:33 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Yes self-care is so important! My boyfriend loves Chinese food and always wants to order it so I figured if I could learn to make it healthy at home we wouldn't have to order out. I got the recipe off Pinterest I will post the website with the recipe. It was really good the only thing is it has a lot of sodium and I don't like salt or use it when I cook so it was a little salty for my liking but other than that super yummy and has 41 grams of protein.

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/12/21/better-take-instant-pot-general-tsos-chicken/

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 7/5/18 2:21 pm

It's going to be hellishly hot in my area the next few days. Unless I can get myself out the door to walk very early in the A.M., I'm going to be swimming instead (not so bad!)

QOTD: Hrrm. How about Survivor? Maybe I'd have an edge by not being all hungry LOL

B: Half premiere protein banana shake

S: Skipped

L: Ground beef, nonfat refried beans -- got down very little of these before feeling done. Feel just find, but definitely thinking 4oz is my absolute top-limit.

S: Greek yogurt, maybe a bite of watermelon

D: Hard to think about. I'm feeling very much like not eating today. That usually means yet another protein shake.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

MissCheri18
on 7/5/18 5:46 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

A bit of an upset stomach today, seems the Protein shakes are upsetting me, so going to talk to my gal tomorrow about changing it up a bit, like with water.

QOTD: Jeopardy!

Water, water, water! OK not enough water yet, but I am trying with this bruised tummy.

B - Tazo Tea - Wild Sweet Orange

L - Protein Shake with Almond unsweetened milk - 4 oz.

D -Chicken Broth, SF Jell-O, SF Popsicle

S - Chicken Broth. SF Popsicle

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Most Active
Recent Topics