Liver

S L.
on 7/4/18 8:45 pm
VSG on 06/16/18

hi there. I am new to this. I was scheduled to have a sleeve on June 16 at st joes Hamilton. The surgeon opened me up but my liver was too large for him to operate on so he closed me up and sent me home. I had done 2 weeks of opti fast and he requested a ct scan and another month of shakes. Well the quest ct was aug 28 so they sent me for an ultra sound today (I'm at week 5) and I'm supposed to go for another one at the end of week 6. I was told my liver is still 24 cms today and in February of this year it was 24 cm from a ct scan I had. I'm beyond frustrated. Anyone have any tips or advice? The surgeon is off on holidays until Friday and I'm stressing and frustrated... thanks.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/18 4:12 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The only thing you can really do is go zero carb. All the Opti that I've seen are still pretty high in carbs. Extremely low carb can shrink your liver.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/5/18 12:54 pm

I agree with you. I think they have 15 grams of sugar per shake? I just could not do that. I had no more than 2 of them per day, and other, low carb - like muscle milk, or premier shakes the rest of the day.

I like their tomatoe powder soup, but they did not us to have more than 1 of them per day.

Following the program is essential. I saw so many people cheating on the pre-op diet.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ramcakes
on 7/6/18 9:38 pm, edited 7/6/18 2:39 pm
VSG on 07/03/18

Hello Patsybeaton!

I highly recommend removing those shakes from your diet and purchasing different nutritional supplements to make at home. I prefer the Vega Nutritional Shakes (150 calories, no sugar, and contain fiber), and tell customers who come to my store to add Himalaya Liver Care powders to each drink (Himalaya brand Liver Care powders do not interact with medications) and can be a great help in reducing your Liver size. Remove all fruit from your diet, and have leafy green vegetables.

let me know if you have any questions!

Most Active
Recent Topics