Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 7/4/2018

Gwen M.
on 7/4/18 6:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's hard for me to care about the holiday when I can't love my country right now. Plus, the fact that the guys have the day off keep making me think it's Saturday and then I'm all "HOLY CRAP I'M SCREWED SINCE I HAVE SO MUCH WORK THAT'S DUE TOMORROW!!" Then I remember it's only Wednesday, and I have plenty of time to meet my deadlines.

QOTD: What's your favorite day of the week and why?

4+ years post-op (still working toward goal)

1: protein shake
2: pork and mushroom thing
3: sous vide country style ribs, potato salad for the guys and a bite for me

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga at home since my fitness class location is closed for the holiday

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 7:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is only Wednesday! Today is a holiday, but I think we will do beach for a bit, then we are going to a friends for a cookout. I'm watching Chiquita (almost 17 year old chihuahua) like a hawk as she had a second episode of syncope (fainting) yesterday. The other was a few weeks ago next to her bed, but this one lasted longer and happened on an evening walk. I think it is probably her heart as she has a very significant murmur, but it was quite disturbing for a while because I thought I might be losing her. After waking up in about a minute and sleeping for an hour, she got up, walked around and ate voraciously.

QOTD: It used to be Saturday because it was the start of the weekend (I liked Friday nights too) but I don't know now that I am retired... it may depend on how our regular activities fall after a while.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken OR Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: protein at cookout

S: possibly cannoli chips and cannoli dip (I have the makings for the party and I probably will have to test them. Might as well plan for that)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/4/18 12:30 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Omg cannoli chips and dip sound amazing!! I'd be too afraid to eat any because I wouldn't be able to stop cannoli filling is my favorite yum!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 6:17 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Well they were great! Only something to bring to a party and not have in the house LOL!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Jess Says Yes
on 7/4/18 8:19 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Independence Day everyone! Today I celebrate the ideals the USA was founded on and celebrate the rights we still have (the right to dissent, protest, vote, peacefully assemble, and #resist!) As most of you know, my brother is deployed right now. This has always been his holiday. He hosts a big party every year and we always go to the festival together, so it feels a little sad/wrong today. We're just doing a small family bbq.

QOTD: Saturday is hands down my favorite day! Now that Nick & I both work M-F jobs, we always have some fun family stuff going on Saturdays. Thursday takes second. It has been my favorite since I was a kid because it was my day off from chores haha. I was born on a Thursday and so were both of my kids! And now it's my last day of groups each week and it signals the weekend. :)

B - coffee and protein

L - triple zero yogurt & almonds

D - 2oz of grilled sirloin and a lobster tail

S - veggies

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

PCBR
on 7/4/18 9:43 am

I'm happy to celebrate Independence Day--a good time to refocus on the goodness we were founded on, and on what we need to fix if we want to keep this country a beacon (its a lot, but I'm not ready to surrender it yet. I have ancestors who fought In the Revolutionary War--not even 250 years ago. They risked greatly to create something never seen in the whole of history--too soon to let that go.)

QOTD: I like Thursdays aka Friday Eve. And Friday. But Saturday the most because I get the most time with the people that I love.

Today is Day 1 of soft foods. I am more scared than excited. now i need to really start creating food plans and routines (so easy to just say--heck with it--another protein shake!). I'm also nervous because I'm just barely getting my 64oz of liquid--despite sipping and sipping. The no water 30 mins before and after meals will make that even harder. Also, my WL has been really slow this week, despite exercise and staying on 100% on plan, with very low calories and carbs. And..tmi..the constipation has been severe and brutal, despite daily colace. I thought I'd be so excited for today, but no. I guess I should start expecting the unexpected! I have not eaten yet, but here's the plan

B - egg bite and some type of fibrous, lower sugar fruit.

S - half a protein shake

L - ??

S - protein shake or clear protein drink

D - something grilled off the bbq, maybe some fat-free refried beans, steamed veggies

Gwen M.
on 7/4/18 10:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You should ask what your program's justification is for no liquid prior to meals, since that rule doesn't make sense with how the stomach and pyloric valve works. (No liquids during and after makes sense, but not liquids before is non-sensical.)

As for the constipation, many of us use semi-regular Miralax with great success. It's non-habit forming and safe for long term usage.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/4/18 10:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My surgeons office said no liquid 30 minutes before and after eating too, but the before was only for the healing period. I believe it was to maximize space in a swollen stomach. Regardless, now I do as Gwen says and just don't drink during meals and for 30 minutes afterwards.

Teresa G.
on 7/4/18 10:27 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

My team says no water 10 min before, or 30 min after.

I believe the 10 minutes is to allow any liquid you may have in your stomach to empty so that the food you eat doesn't get diluted, but who knows for sure? (I'm sure someone here knows LOL) I have a timer on my phone that I set when I'm done eating. Makes it easier to keep track.

I've never really been a big liquid during meals kinda person...but now that I can't have it, especially for 30 minutes after, I'm really wanting it. Go figure.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/4/18 10:24 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Today is actually a cleaning day for me! Been so busy since school ended haven't had much time to clean the house. Also, our cat is losing its winter coat and is shedding so much hair so vacuuming the couch is at the top of my list. Around 4pm family will come over for a BBQ and then we will take the kids to see fireworks tonight.

QOTD - I don't really have a favorite day. My boyfriend works swing shift so his schedule is always changing so his days off are always changing. I am a teacher so during the school year maybe I would say Saturdays are my favorite but I don't work during the summer and just spend time with the kids.

B - coffee and Caramel Premier protein shake

L - not sure maybe Lasagna in a bowl again but not very hungry

D - Leftover Chili Mac for me

Lots of water

E - Repeated C25K Week 1 Day 3 bc I wasn't ready to up my run time, Arm Circles

Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Most Active
Recent Topics