Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 6/18/18

Gwen M.
on 6/18/18 10:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi Mersh, have you tried trendweight.com? For me that really, really helps me to focus on the trend of my weight instead of the daily fluctuations. I get super obsessed with numbers, so that helps me a lot.

I spent the weekend with my mom and got home about 45 minutes ago. I've unpacked the car and put everything away (including groceries, since I stopped at the store on my way home) except for my actual suitcase. I went through mail and just finished up lunch. Yay! And now I'll spend the rest of the day working on school since I'm now in "three class mode" for the next four weeks. If I can just stay focused, I'll be fine, but that's not something I have a great track record of being able to do. :/

QOTD: My interests have changed, but I'm not sure my personality has. My personality underwent big changes from 2001-2006 and I think those changes brought me to WLS and have persevered. Those are "the years Gwen grew a spine."

My eating today is suboptimal - yay travel. But, in good news, I didn't snack in the car on the way to my mom's or on the way home!

1: oatmeal
2: leftover charsui ramen
3: it's a leftover night and I think the lamb chops are the oldest, so I'll have those!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope unless I feel inspired to do some yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Jess Says Yes
on 6/18/18 11:15 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! Back to the work week with lots to do to get ready for new groups to start. It's hot and sunny. I ate off plan this weekend and I'm feeling like it's becoming more common for me to do that on the weekends, which I know is a recipe for regain. I want to return to therapy after I'm done with neurofeedback. I need to find a therapist who is solid with BED. As I get farther from surgery I don't want to return to old habits.

QOTD: No personality changes, but since I'm more energetic I am participating in more stuff and being more social.

B - coffee & protein

L - kielbasa and roasted peppers

D - another piece of sausage & greenbeans

E - planks, crunches

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/18 11:29 am
VSG on 01/12/17

When I am off and "cozy" at home I can fend off the snack bug by using an oz of protein shake as creamer in coffee. For some reason it really helps me, but I think since it is all just a habit of wanting to eat something while at my desk just having something to keep my hands and mouth occupied is helpful.

PCBR
on 6/18/18 9:37 pm

I'm on the 2nd to last day of full liquids and have been struggling a bit. I'm keeping on plan, but have these last few days have had trouble hitting protein goal (70g)--I think I'm just tired of the shakes and also trying to get enough water in. Even though I'm getting to 64oz per day of liquid, my lips are dry--hard to find a way to step it up when I already feel I'm drinking all the time. It's also the first night I've felt hunger.

B-Half a vanilla premier protein shake

S-Puréed oatmeal made with fairlife skim milk and thinner with the rest of the protein shake. While puréed oatmeal is included on the full liquids menu, I do not recommend! Pureeing made it gooey and unpleasant.

L-Puréed Amy's Low fat vegetable soup

S-Chocolate premier protein shake

D-Sugar free jello pudding

and I've had to also have half a protein shake tonight to hit protein goal.

QOTD- I've been at my goal weight (god, if only I'd stayed there)..I think I'm the same me, but happier and stronger feeling, because I have more stamina to do things that I enjoy.

Erin T.
on 6/19/18 11:28 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm currently working from my patio where it's 96 degrees and I love it. I have a therapy appointment today too and then I'm going to hot yoga. It's going to be a scorcher in there today!

QOTD: Yes, I am a lot more confident than I used to be.

17 months post-op/Maintenance/133.4lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Cheese, Avocado

M3: Roast Pork w/ Mayo

M4: Chicken Sausage & Caprese

M5: Keto Fat Bomb

E: Yoga!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active