Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 5/31/2018

Gwen M.
on 5/31/18 4:39 am, edited 5/31/18 4:45 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! I think I'm mostly feeling good after my cold from hell. I've still got a little congestion, but that could just as easily be due to allergies as the cold at the moment, so time will tell.

I've got a busy day planned today. Orthopedist for a follow up regarding my neck/shoulder - I'll find out what the next step is and whether that's more PT or shots. Then I've got PT and an allergy shot. When I'm home I need to finish up my annotated bibliography for class and get packed up for my trip to Boston. I have to wake up stupidly early to leave for the airport on Friday morning! I'm planning on only taking a backpack and a small purse, so here's hoping everything I need to take will fit.

QOTD: Do you enjoy the actual act of traveling? Not the being at your destination part, but the flying, driving, etc., that it takes to get to your destination and home again? (I'll answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover steak, yum!
3: I'm making a Brie and Mushroom Strata for dinner tonight, but I think I'll skip eating it and have more steak or leftover chicken.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: physical therapy - I'm going to start running again on Tuesday and I CAN'T WAIT.

How about you? What's going on for you on this very last day of May?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/31/18 5:04 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's Thankful Thursday! I'm thankful for all the support I get for OH, not just for my weight, but way beyond that.

QOTD: Hmmm... sometimes I enjoy the driving if not on the highway. For instance, driving from our home on Cape Cod to other places on the Cape can be quite beautiful and part of the adventure. I have a convertible for warm days on those adventures (top has been down the last 2 days). BUT in general, I don't like the getting to and from places, whether driving on the highway or flying. I find that it involves a lot of angst interspersed with boredom (and sometimes physical discomfort, though not as much as when MO). I wish that we could just transport places (like Star Trek). We travel to Aruba in 9 days and I'm dreading the travel day even though it is a relatively easy trip to there.

2 Years, 2 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Emiepie egg salad

D: leftover halibut

S: yogurt (full fat Siggis - to my suprise eating half of the no fat version satisfies me more for the same calories).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 5/31/18 5:08 am, edited 5/30/18 10:15 pm - Woburn, MA

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here (in the Boston area), but Gwen, I'm not optimistic about the weekend forecast. We are heading off to central Mass in the new RV this afternoon - and gentle rain sounds delightful to sit under the awning and read book 2 of a 4 part series I'm reading. No laundry, no cleaning, no nothing, but relaxing. Just what I need!

I sympathize with your sickness and am truly lucky in that I literally can't remember the last time I was sick. Honestly, I think the last time I was down and out sick was 25 years ago. Not kidding.

QOTD: Depends on the trip. I don't mind the travel part when in a group -time goes quickly that way. My daughter went to college 3 hours away - and we got used to being in the car for long periods of time, so I'm pretty good in the car. My dog, however, HATES the car. Poor little guy. I don't mind flying either.

B: made cheerios and the milk tasted bad...blech

L: planning on jarlsburg cheese and wheat thins

D: at camp - I think we're grilling hot dogs tonight

E: walk the dogs

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 5/31/18 5:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thankfully I really only care about what the weather will be like on Sunday when the IOCDF walk is planned and, so far, it looks like it will be gorgeous and cool :D I will take it!

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Gwen M.
on 5/31/18 6:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Having double checked the weather due to your post, I have realized I need to take my rain jacket. Thanks!!

Theduffman27
on 5/31/18 5:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Gwen and menu folks. Busy day yesterday as I had an eye doc appointment and a Lunch May Birthdays in my Department at work. I chose a grilled chicken salad, good and light when most others had fried food or pizza...

QOTD - I like to travel, I enjoy people watching and there is no better way than traveling. Flight to China is 14.5 hours and that is alittle long for me. I cant imagine doing it when I was obese.

B - Quest bar

S - Oikos triple zero

L - Chef salad

S - hard boiled egg

D - grilled ribeye

E - gym night

Calories - 939, carbs - 23 , protein - 107

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 12:08 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I never liked ribeyes! Always preferred strips.

Jess Says Yes
on 5/31/18 6:49 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone! Still feeling a bit off, but pushing through. I've got a meeting & two groups today. Then I've got to work on a presentation for a symposium I'm speaking at next week.

QOTD: Not so much. I don't mind a short road trip (less than 3 hours) but I've got a broken tailbone and arthritis so lots of sitting hurts. Traveling by plane is such a privilege & a blessing, but I hate it lol.

B - protein & coffee

L - triple zero yogurt

D - Eggs probably. The fridge is pretty empty

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

MissCheri18
on 5/31/18 7:50 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a beautiful day, I'm praying for less rain we need to dry out a bit.

QOTD: Well, hmm, harder to answer than I expected. I love to travel, but I have limitations due to my brain surgery I do not drive (by choice) and I cannot fly. I took a trip on the bus and it was horrible, not so bad going up to MI (from FL) but the return trip caused me serious health issues with my legs. If I can ride in a car with someone I LOVE it, we have to stop every 2-3 hrs. but that works out nicely for seeing more along the way LOL I think I love the getting there as much if not more than getting there.

½ lemon in ho****er

B. Coffee Mocha Protein Shake

L. Ribeye, ½ baked potato, green beans

D. Baked Chicken Breast, Summer Squash combo

S. SF Popsicle

Calories: 794, Protein: 94, Carbs: 41, Fiber: 7

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 7:53 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I am glad you're feeling better, Gwen. Though I always keep congestion for a long time after being sick too. Everything feels fine except my head! Normally goes from stuffed to running 100 times through the day.

Just left the gym. I've been doing HIIT style working out, which I enjoy, but I've started the C25k program and am really enjoying it. The first week feels easy enough considering I ramped myself up with HIIT, but that's fine. My HR doesn't get as high, though I want to complete the whole thing. While I enjoy the gym (to a degree, I enjoy the way I feel AFTER), I am trying to make it a hobby. I want a physical hobby and am hoping I get that running bug! I don't hate running, so that's a start, right?

Going today with my grandmother. She is getting a heart catheter done to see what is wrong with something in her left ventricle I believe. Am very nervous, she's nervous too. I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I tell her every day to slow down. She is so dang active, which is amazing, but she tries to do TOO much and I see it wear her out. Part of her is used to how much she had to do when I was so big. Makes me feel very guilty, I suppose. My best way to stop her from doing too much is to do it before she gets a chance to start!

Most Active
Recent Topics