Bloating, belching, and feeling nauseated years out from VSG

Danigirl58
on 4/28/18 6:28 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has experienced the gamete of bloating belching and feeling nauseated after they eat. It seems lately that after I eat nearly anything (except damn Doritos and very simple carbs) that I become very bloated to where I almost feel pregnant. I also have hiccups for quite a while after I eat. I have had GERD and am on a PPI. I am becoming frustrated as I am gaining weight from eating all the simple carbs :( I cant even tolerate my protein now.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Danielle

califsleevin
on 4/29/18 7:58 am - CA

It's nothing that I have experienced, but symptoms like that which occur regularly (as opposed to one bad meal) are an indication that something is blocking or creating pressure within your GI system, either directly from within or something outside the GI system but within your abdomen putting pressure on it (like when you were pregnant.) I would start by seeing a gastroenterologist and work out from there. It may be something simple that is quickly and easily treated or something else that you would really like to get taken care of sooner rather than later.

Good luck in finding out what it is.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/29/18 10:38 am

Are you constipated? Constipation does that to me every time. Belching for me means the gas can't go down and it is coming up. Even with daily BM we may get constipated (full of ****) if our BM is not complete every day.

I've been there - now if that happens, I try to increase my miralax for a couple of days and try to drink more fluids.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Danigirl58
on 4/29/18 7:03 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 06/19/13

I've wondered about constipation causing this, however I have had constipation since I was a kid and it never affected me like this before. Just to be sure I took a bunch of bisacodyl to clean myself out, hoping that this would help me out. Sad to say, after living in the bathroom most of the morning that no it has not. I still suffered all the belly bloating and other fun stuff :(

Shayne P.
on 5/2/18 3:44 pm - sachse, TX
VSG on 03/28/13

I am 5 yrs out. From day one I have been nauseated. Dr put me on PPI drugs from the very beginning. I am ok as long as I take the meds. I have however, since day one not been interested in anything sweet. Even to this day I just cant eat it. Far as I will go.....maybe a jelly bean...or gateraid. I eat protein and really crave veggies in the evening. I have gained...almost all my weight back since I stopped exercising and eating more meals during the day. Most of the time I dont eat breakfast and am lucky to eat lunch. The only reason I do is because my stomach is cramping. I totally live a unhealthy lifestyle. I cant make myself eat when I am not hungry. This is not benefiting me by the way. I am sure I am in starvation mode...(have had the band previous to the sleeve so its been 12 yrs of having restriction.) I am not the perfect person of health, I would almost say I failed at all of weight loss. You know, life happens...issues...ect. I have totally lost what I should do, and am somewhat doing the opposite. Honest? yes I am.....:)