Ideal weight

theAntiChick
on 4/28/18 1:02 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

No one on my medical team expects me to get down to a normal BMI. I'm 5'9" and the normal BMI would have me in the high 160's. Last time I was at that weight, I was 19 and had to watch every bite I put in my mouth, plus run 2 miles several times a week. That is simply not attainable for me at this point in my life. I have gotten to 190-195 and maintained for about 6 months. That puts me in the overweight category. I would like to get down to 175-185 because that gives me a bit more cushion to the dreaded (in my mind anyway) 200 mark, as well as remembering how at that weight I felt and looked really good. However, I have several health conditions I didn't have last time I was in that range, so I may have to be happy with where I'm at. As the weather improves and my seasonal respiratory issues ease, I'll try to tighten up my eating plan again and get moving a lot more, and see if I can get down to that range. But even then I'll still not be "normal".

There are a lot of people here who have gotten to a normal BMI range, so it's certainly possible.

Ultimately, your ideal weight is where you are happy with how you look and more importantly, how you feel. And part of that decision is how much you will have to change your life in order to achieve and maintain it, and how you feel about those changes.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Jester
on 5/1/18 2:21 pm
RNY on 03/21/16 with

Does anyone know how they come up with that ideal weight? I'm just curious. It's in the Normal BMI range, but isn't the top, nor is it the mid-point. Just wondering what the algorithm behind "ideal weight" is in that calculator.

ladyg33k
on 5/4/18 2:03 pm
VSG on 04/25/18

my ideal weight is about 175-180