Whatcha eating today, VSGers? Thursday, 4/12

Acedding27
on 4/12/18 7:04 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning and HAPPY Thursday! I've never posted this before, but I see that we are missing one for this morning! I hope this is okay. I'm looking forward to the weekend, even with the allergy attack that I'm currently experiencing. It may also be a small cold....every morning has been in the upper thirties/lower forties, but each afternoon is in the mid 60s-70s. It's wreaking some havoc. I'm hoping to take my nephew to the park today and have time to get a manicure. We shall see! I am NOT tutoring today, so I get to run out the door at 3:30.

QOTD: Do you volunteer? Where? If not, what causes and charities are you passionate about?

I'll answer below.

B: Latte

L: Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad with saltines

D: Probably crockpot chicken soup

Snacks: possibly some beef jerky, peanut butter, maybe half a banana if I am able to take my walk today

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Acedding27
on 4/12/18 8:10 am
VSG on 12/14/17

I like to volunteer locally, but I rarely have time between work. There are too many organizations that make money off of their volunteers. I like to see results in my community.

I like to help Friends for Life, which is one of the biggest (as far as impact and clients) organizations in the Mid-South that assists individuals that are HIV positive. I'm actually a food ambassador for their Dining Out fundraiser at the end of this month. If you are near the Mid-South area, come check it out!

I also like to volunteer with the MGLCC-Memphis Gay and Lesbian Community Center. This organization sponsors youth groups, pride parades, and several other organizations and programs around the city.

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

mmsmom
on 4/12/18 8:11 am - Woburn, MA

Thanks for posting! It's starting to warm up here and the sun is shining. That alone, makes me happy.

QOTD: I do some volunteer work, but nothing scheduled. At work we have done the hope lodge - which is a cancer house, we went and prepared and served dinner and we do backpacks for school for local kids as well as the giving tree at Christmas.

B: kashi and yogurt

L: going out to a restaurant called the Protein-House - interesting!

D: going out (I feel popular) to an Italian restaurant with a group I go out with 1x a month -

E: walk

L/V: good!

VSG on 04/28/2014

IamevilHomer
on 4/12/18 8:20 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Happy Thursday to all,

I am so happy that we are having some warm, Spring weather finally. It's supposed to get up in the 70s over the next few days.

Qotd- sadly I do not volunteer right now. My schedule is pretty packed with work and grad school. It's wonderful that others do!

b- hot tea with cream

11am snack- cottage cheese

L- tuna packet

afternoon snack- Chobani flip

D- leftover ham and split pea soup

Cutting my breakfast out seemed to have helped. My scale is finally moving downward with the decrease in calories. I saw my pcp yesterday about my stomach pain and got a referral for GI doc and hopefully an endoscopy. She also recommended I give up all caffeine not just coffee!

CC C.
on 4/12/18 8:28 am

Good morning!

QOTD: Being "retired" early, I've done a lot of volunteering. When my Dad's cancer got more harrowing, I stopped because I wanted to be closer to him, but now that's he's doing so well, I need to find a new volunteering job! The group I've done the most for is one that helps homeless families get into transitional housing, teaches them to be self-sufficient and helps them get back on their feet. I think for my next one I'd like to do something with animals.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - eggs, oatmeal

D - Asian meatballs

S - Protein shake

Jess Says Yes
on 4/12/18 9:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! It's gorgeous out today and we have our community Walk A Mile event this evening to support survivors of sexual violence. Despite the seriousness of the cause, it's a fun event and the kids have been coming with me since they were toddlers. This year my parents are joining us, and my dad and Nick will both walk in heels :)

QOTD: oh yeah! Volunteering has always been an important part of my life. Actually, it's my volunteer work with Sexual Trauma Services that resulted in me getting hired to oversee their group counseling program for incarcerated survivors. I've volunteered with our local food pantry, with a group that does home modifications and repairs for the disabled, with an international organization in Costa Rica helping out at an orphanage and high-needs school, with St. Baldricks (shaving my head to raise $$ for pediatric cancer research), etc. Nyah wants to volunteer at the animal shelter, so I guess we'll be doing that next!

B - Protein shake

L - Triple zero yogurt

D - 3oz of chicken on a soft taco with cheddar

e - Walk A Mile!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/18 9:33 am, edited 4/12/18 2:33 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning. Thanks for posting! Of course it?s okay. I am at work, last day before 3 day weekend again. Have lots of plans! Zoo, aquarium, a musical.

QOTD: I do not do volunteer work, it doesn?t interest me really. I know that doesn?t sound good, but I like to donate financially rather than with time. My causes I support are the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and my local shelter Wayside Waifs for animals.

My meals are pretty sparse today. I didn?t do a lot of planning so I?m winging it today. Also I have gotten to where all of my protein is now from food which is great so I switched my coffee creamer to an unsweetened coconut milk creamer. Only 10 calories and it?s so good.

Breakfast- Nature?s Own wheat plus protein bread with whipped Greek cream cheese and a sunny side up egg on top.

Lunch- Salsa chicken with a fajita tortilla

Dinner- Not sure, am going out with co workers for dinner after work

snack- chobani plain with PB2

Kristi T.
on 4/12/18 9:44 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Sorry about your allergies Acedding27, that can be miserable. Hope you feel better soon. It's raining really, really hard right now. I love the sound of rain in the mornings or at night when I crawl into bed. I am taking my elderly friend to lunch today and help her with some errands, every time we get together it is almost like getting a free therapy session:-)

QOTD-I started my nursing career in 1987 at the beginning of the Aids epidemic, so a lot of my time was spent volunteering for the charity hospital I worked for. We had outreach programs that provided everything from shelter to education and awareness. It was a rough time, but worth every moment. These days I volunteer for a lot of community events that bring in tourism such as the annual Dragon Boat Races, Spartan Race, Pond Hokey and Equestrian competitions.

B-Sesame toast with 1tbsp almond butter

L-not sure, might order quiche or an omelet

D-leftover spaghetti without the pasta, green beans

E-Will have to see if it stops raining

Have a lovely day!

yvonnef1964
on 4/12/18 10:50 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Sorry I was missing yesterday, I had to help a friend, she's getting ready to move. I never got on here yesterday.

Today I feel like I'm coming down with bronchitis.

Qotd I don't volunteer but have been thinking of doing it but not sure what I like to do.

This is what I have planned but might change because I'm not sure what I'm doing today.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D ham and asparagus

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/12/18 11:45 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for starting the thread! Whoever is ready to do so and has a QOTD usually does. I am winding down here in Florida (leaving in 6 days), so we are trying to fit in all the things we wanted to do before going north.

QOTD: Currently I'm volunteering at the animal shelter (no kill). The dog we just adopted was a foster from there. In the past, I did volunteer work through a woman's club and lots of fundraising and other volunteering at my children's schools. I also volunteered for a teen parent support organization.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Roast turkey

D: Something Mexican - probably fajita innards (going to a Mexican restaurant).

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics