Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday, February 22, 2018

gracegetsgastric
on 2/22/18 9:20 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Snowed last night for the first time in ages, and it actually stuck! Will likely all melt today, but I'm getting nervous, as I'm supposed to be visiting home this weekend, which involves driving through two mountain passes...

QOTD: Absolutely I'd get the mastectomy. Although, I will say, as a WLS patient who forsees a decent amount of plastics in her future, including a breast lift and possibly implants depending on how much breast tissue I'm left with after the fact, I do think that gives me a different perspective on it. I went into this VSG with the knowledge that I might lose most/all of my boobs as I lost weight, and if that exchange was worth it for me to regain my health through weight loss, I think the exchange to regain my health through avoiding potential cancer to be worth it as well.

M1: Premier Protein + Cold Brew + SF Syrup

M2: Chicken Sausage + Cheddar + Caramelized Onion Dip

M3: Salmon Jerky + String Cheese

M4: TBD. I'm going here for dinner with my old boss who had the RNY 3 years ago to catch up on my post-surgery life. Leaning towards the Ahi Tuna appetizer, as I'm going out of town this weekend and I don't want to be saddled with too many leftovers. Though the Cedar Plank Salmon is awfully tempting...Depending on how we're feeling we might split an entree though, so it's a bit up in the air. :)

M5: Also TBD, depending on where my protein is at. Probably half a protein bar or a Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt.

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

CC C.
on 2/22/18 9:22 am

Today is my one year surgiversary! It really has flown by. Officially today I'm 119 pounds from when I started the VSG process, 102 pounds from what I weighed on surgery day, 174.6 down from my highest weight ever, in maintenance for 104 days, and thinking about plastic surgery. Life is good.

QOTD: Like Erin, I've never been fond of the breasts I have, so there is no attachment to them. I'd consider a mastectomy if I had the breast cancer gene.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - Panera chicken salad

D - ??

S - going to my knitting group, there is always a yummy dessert there.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/22/18 10:01 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Surgiversary!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 2/22/18 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations Cecily, that's wonderful!!!

CC C.
on 2/22/18 10:54 am

Ha, thanks!

ShirlAus
on 2/22/18 11:47 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Congratulations x You have done so well

Kristi T.
on 2/22/18 10:18 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It warmed up today, 21 degrees instead of single digits! I will take it:-) I am taking my elderly friend to the grocery store and on a few other errands today, so that will take up most of the day.

QOTD-No hesitation, I would do it if the test came back positive.

B-Flax, chia and quinoa hot cereal w/walnuts & cream

L-Tuna w/mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-chai tea, 1/2 apple w/almond butter

D-chicken stir fry with veggies

E-Walk the dog late afternoon

I hope everyone has a good Thursday!

ShirlAus
on 2/22/18 11:57 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - Yawnnnnn swinging past as I have MIA for the past few days. Picked up my neighbour and her girlfriends from a concert about 30 mins from us last night. They had a ball. Robbie Williams - Hubby and I are seeing him in town on Sunday and I cant wait. Struggled to get out of bed this morning but sipping a coffee and all will be good in the world soon

QOTD: Without a moments hesitation! We have a very bad family history and I actually was asked to have the testing done but after much discussion with family and drs decided I didnt need too. My Nan passed from ovarian cancer, my father pancreatic and my cousin fought a very agressive breast cancer - we are thankful she is still with us. Hence I am very closely monitored as I have a great GP

Busy day today - have 1.5 hour appointment at the Dentist after work for part 2 of my crown - dreading it. Then off to the country butchers about 30 mins away to pick up 9 kilos of diced goat plus roasts. Hubby is salivating at the thought of it - he loves goat! Then neighbours have asked us for dinner (hoping I can talk after the dentist visit! - ha ha ha)

B: Yoghurt with Cereal

S: Babybel Cheese

L: Leftover Steak, Aspargus, Sweet Potato Mash, 1/8 corn cob

D: BBQ at neighbours - Im taking Sticky Chicken Wings and likely an asian wombok salad

Have a great evening all

Shirley

Kays
on 2/22/18 4:07 pm
VSG on 12/18/17

QOTD: I would have to say without a doubt that I would have the bilateral mastectomy. Cancer is a sneaky beast and I would not risk it.

M1: Greek yogurt

M2: protein bar1/2

M3: Salmon patty

S1: protein beef broth

S2:premier protein

Most Active
Recent Topics