Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday 1/7/18

CC C.
on 1/7/18 3:19 pm

Oh dear! The spitting part doesn't sound fun, but the menagerie does!

ShirlAus
on 1/7/18 11:49 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - And Happy New Year ! I am back at work today after our summer break.... Spent most of it at our farm in our mini house which is 99% finished and I loved every moment of it. The weather the past couple of days has been super hot - reaching over 107 but we swam in the river each afternoon which was lovely.I have picked up quite a tan! I didnt take my scales so hopped on this am to weight and proud to day I am down another 3lbs - little surprised as there has been the usual entertaining, wine etc etc but coupled with lots of exercise working around the farm. I had a moment this morning after I hopped on the scales - hubby hopped on after me - one of my big goals was to weigh less than him- which I achieved. Well I am now 22lbs lighter than him and still going. Love my sleeve and the changes I have been able to make to my health and happiness. I swum with my 18 year old son and nephew across the swimming hole - they where out of breath when they got there and I wasnt - could have blown me down with a feather. I then swam half way back to swim back with hubby. It was a silly little thing but mentally kept everything churning along for me. I used to huff and puff trying to drag my huge former self around. I shake my head thinking about my poor old body and now I punished it.

QOTD: We have our dream place - 24 acres with 360 degree views. House is coming - I would use the money to build it then travel when we wanted too - and hire someone to farm sit all our animals.

B: Satay chicken skewer

S: Fruit Salad - got amazing fresh cherries on way home yesterday - delicious

L: Leftover Beef Massaman Curry and Pad Thai

D: TBD - likely Ham and Salad

Take care all and good to be back

Shirley

Ladyblu
on 1/7/18 12:14 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Welcome back... we missed you!

ShirlAus
on 1/7/18 12:38 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Awww thank you Ladyblu

I missed being on the forum lots

Happy New Year to you

CC C.
on 1/7/18 2:14 pm

Glad you're back! Congratulations on passing up the husband so soundly!

ShirlAus
on 1/7/18 2:52 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hope you are healed well after your op x

CC C.
on 1/7/18 3:19 pm

I'm doing great. It was much easier than the VSG!

Shannon S.
on 1/7/18 1:31 pm, edited 1/7/18 5:31 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Hello everyone,

QOTD: If money were no object I?d like a waterfront home somewhere off the eastern shore. One with an extra suite for my mother and stepfather as this is their dream too, or heck, if I was totally loaded, maybe a guest house all together!

M1: 1/2 biscuit w/ cream chip beef. I know, carbs, but it was my 2 month post op treat (that?s what I?m telling myself)

M2: 1/4 of a corned beef and Swiss sandwich w/mayo and tomato

M3: fruit punch Isopure protein drink (totally better than the lemonade)

M4: Making ground turkey tacos with crispy flour tortillas. Probably half if I know my sleeve.

Water: struggling today 3 cups in

Vitamins: on track

Protein: on track.

Gwen M.
on 1/7/18 1:40 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Heya Shannon,

It seems like you're eating a lot of carbs (and the processed and refined sorts). This is a red flag from someone who is so newly post-op. This is the time when your willpower and compliance should be at their highest and letting these things creep into your diet now is often just the start of a downhill slide.

Sandwiches, biscuits, tortillas, melba toast, champagne.. these are all things that won't help you to reach your longterm goal and, if you consistently find ways to justify eating them, this will also impair your ability to create lasting lifestyle change.

Weight loss in these early months is easy due to altered anatomy, but it gets harder with time and with maintenance. It's best to cement good practices in your lifestyle now, when loss is easy.

It's also concerning that you're eating these types of things while still struggling to get your liquids in. Work on your hydration and then focus on protein - these are the things you need for longterm success. Not just for losing the weight, but for keeping it off as well.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Shannon S.
on 1/7/18 2:24 pm, edited 1/7/18 6:25 am
VSG on 11/07/17

You?re totally right! I have not been perfect. I?ll be the 1st one to tell you. I feel like my doc wants perfection, but to be realistic I have to treat myself every now and again. So I listen mostly, and modify to meet my needs. I?m a nurse, we?re not a compliant bunch, and to others I say, don?t try this at home! For myself, 45 grams of carbs on the weekends instead of my docs 30G recommendation is just something I do for sanity. I don?t regret my glass of champagne on New Year?s Eve, that was a one time treat for myself to feel human.

You are very accurate as far as hydration. I have had a tough week with that. I will get on top of things.

I appreciate your advice, and highly respect your opinion, you are truly right and I know that, but I got this! Thanks so much for your concern, again, I always appreciate you, and your insightful feedback.

Most Active
Recent Topics