Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday 1/6/18

Ladyblu
on 1/7/18 4:46 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Thank you. I really didn't want to yesterday, but I made myself. I've always been an extremely private person (believe it or not). So, when I was in full blown active eating disorder, I hid from the world. That is my tendency when I am ashamed or feeling bad.

Even though all of you are so very different, there is one common thing that connects all of us. We all decided to do something about our excess weight and we are all on the same journey even though we may take a slightly different path.

I am so very, very thankful that I found this group.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/7/18 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm sorry you are struggling. I have friends and family members who periodically suffer with depression and sometimes they need a little help. Please remember that many people care about you!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Cathy H.
on 1/7/18 6:18 am, edited 1/6/18 10:19 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Oh, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time! The struggles of depression are no fun, that's for sure. My maternal grandmother, mother, me and all three of my sisters all dealt.deal with depression.

The person you all know here is who I was most of my life, but that is thanks to good antidepressants. Without them I am an entirely different person. I've struggled with clinical depressuon for about 18 years so I feel your pain, Ladyblu!

Even with meds, I still go through bad spells every few months, but after all this time I know I just have to ride it out and I'll be fine. I rarely know what triggers it, which can be frustrating. I'm due for my annual "post-holiday, winter sucks" spell to hit around mid-February lol. Happens every year so this one I'm always ready for. Hoping this year it will be better since I feel so much more positive in my life. We'll see...fingers crossed! Lol

Hang in there, this too shall pass!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Ladyblu
on 1/7/18 10:05 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I've been on antidepressants since the early 90's, so I am with you. Without them, it is impossible. With them, I also still have occasional bad spots. But, knowing that it will end and knowing what to do to hasten the return of happiness helps me get through it.

I hope your annual winter spell passes you by this year. Wishing you peace and tranquility!

Most Active
Recent Topics