Advice on choosing a date, please!

Queensley
on 12/11/17 7:26 pm - Canada

Thanks so much for your input! I think having it before my wedding was sketching me out, but I am SO READY so I think I will just go for it! :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/11/17 6:12 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Amateur seamstress here. Can you link a picture of your dress? I can probably help figure out if drastic alterations would be possible :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Queensley
on 12/11/17 8:03 pm - Canada

Omg, you're amazing! I could only get two pics to upload, and they're side pics. Do you think alterations would be possible?

Thank you!

on 12/12/17 6:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Wow, what a gorgeous dress!

Are the bra cups molded? Or is it more like a tank top underneath? If it's a bra-style, it may be very hard to bring those in since you'd need to reduce the cup size, though the seamstress could take the bra band in at the back. The seamstress would need to remove the lace, then reattach it, to do that. The straps would be very easy to shorten, and that could take up some slack in the front.

With the pleats in the skirt, I don't imagine it would be too hard to pull the waist in; any seam could be disguised in the gathering.

So overall, I think it would definitely be do-able, I'd just be a bit worried about the boobs. Most of us tend to end up with tube socks after the weight loss process, but it's not so bad early on. Worst case, plan on getting a strapless or stick on bra with some padding to help fill out the top!

Queensley
on 12/12/17 12:49 pm - Canada

Thank you SO SO much for your input on this! It actually really puts me at ease. The cups are molded I believe... they do have some give though so hopefully it should be fine. They have a bit of padding but are also relaxed feeling... if that makes any sense hahah!

I'm at the point right now where I think I am just going to go for it. Weddings are always so stressful and hyped up... ultimately my health matters more than a dress, and marrying my fiance is all I really want - the other details are just extra. :)

Thanks again for your help, Julie!

on 12/12/17 12:53 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Don't forget, you can always do a vow renewal ceremony down the road, once you reach goal, and get a whole new set of pictures!

Congrats and good luck, I believe in you!

theAntiChick
on 12/12/17 8:09 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I would think January to April would be plenty of time to be back to pretty normal life. If you've got plenty of support for all of the wedding planning, you should be fine.

No one wants to think about complications, and they are rare. The major complications are VERY rare. But as a nurse, I'm one of those who just HAS to think through the possibilities. 3 months should be plenty of time to deal with any minor complications. A major complication, no telling, but at least you'd have plenty of time to figure out if the wedding needs to be moved or adjusted. But a major complication is along the lines of getting in a car accident... it's not likely, not predictable, and everyone would understand.

As for the dress... it looks to me like you're starting out at a lower weight with less to lose than a lot of other people. I've read from other "lightweights" that the weight loss is slower and less drastic. So I would assume you'll need some alterations, but probably not insane ones. If you don't already have a good seamstress, get some recommendations and meet with a couple. With time to pre-plan I know my alterations place could deal with it.

Frankly, as life-changing as this surgery has been for me, I'd personally do it even if I had to run out and find a new dress last minute. Of course, I was never one who had my heart set on a particular dress or anything - that would change my perspective.

Ultimately, what's the most important part of getting married for you? I've done it 3 times now (yeah, I know) and for me it was sharing my happiness and commitment with the people most important to me. Dresses, flowers, cake, etc. I've found don't mean that much once you get past the rush of the planning. Where I've scrimped every time and regretted it every time was not having a professional photographer to best capture the moment. But, that's me... you have to decide what's the most important thing to you, and prioritze that.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active
Recent Topics