Physical Bariatric Store

CC C.
on 11/29/17 5:38 pm

I think it's an interesting idea, but you'd probably be more successful as on online store. That way you're not limited to only customers who live in your city.

Valerie G.
on 11/30/17 6:06 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Too narrow a clientele to survive. Now, a nutritional store with a bariatric section might stand a chance.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/30/17 6:50 pm, edited 11/30/17 10:51 am

We have one like that in my city. During my first 2 years post op I really liked to shop there here. They always had samples of some snacks.

Excited to add: the store is in the same building as the weight loss/bariatric center. They have classes, meetings a few times a week. I used to but some of my proteins supplies there weekly.

A few more stores with some things like that (vitamins shoppe) is also close by, having better selection of protein supplements, protein bars, etc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NuMe2018
on 12/3/17 6:20 am
On December 1, 2017 at 2:50 AM Pacific Time, H.A.L.A B. wrote:

We have one like that in my city. During my first 2 years post op I really liked to shop there here. They always had samples of some snacks.

Excited to add: the store is in the same building as the weight loss/bariatric center. They have classes, meetings a few times a week. I used to but some of my proteins supplies there weekly.

A few more stores with some things like that (vitamins shoppe) is also close by, having better selection of protein supplements, protein bars, etc.

I am a patient at the center you speak of. I have been in that store to look around but have not purchased anything there yet.

I am still fulfilling my insurance companies 6 month supervised diet plan and won't have surgery until February/March.

I do agree that it is very nice to have a store like this close by though.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/17 6:55 am

Good luck to you. The center is good, IMO. My doc is no longer there, but I think he trained them well.

Over 9 years ago, when I started the program, there was very poor selection anywhere else in Greenville area. That store was my savior. I could buy one or 2 of items and try them. And that place was the only one that had the clear protein drinks.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NuMe2018
on 12/3/17 3:49 pm
On December 3, 2017 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, H.A.L.A B. wrote:

Good luck to you. The center is good, IMO. My doc is no longer there, but I think he trained them well.

Over 9 years ago, when I started the program, there was very poor selection anywhere else in Greenville area. That store was my savior. I could buy one or 2 of items and try them. And that place was the only one that had the clear protein drinks.

Thanks! I am actually using a female Dr that they have. Her name is Dr Eichorn. I feel good about her and the practice so far though.

How is that hospital over in Simpsonville? Hoping that it is decent since it is pretty small.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/3/17 8:41 pm

I like Hillcrest. Really do. I had a few surgeries there (Beside RNY I had gb removed, hernia repaired. Only RnY was stay overnight- 2 nights. Others were in and out the same day. I had a bunch of tests done there also. Very convenient for me. (I live close ). I

Had a friend staying with me there the 3 days- 2 nighs. But I know people who stayed by themselves.

NuMe2018
on 12/4/17 5:16 pm

Great. Thanks for the info. This does make me feel better about the facilitty. I will be getting the sleeve so should have to stay only one night if all goes well.

Missexpress410
on 12/14/17 7:38 pm

Hi H.A.L.A.B,

That is the kind of store I am talking about. Someone was on the right page when they started that. WLS has been around for years and there are thousands of men and women who need or want the surgery. I bet there are a lot more people who would benefit from something like that. Classes and free samples are up my ally. I hope the WLS people in your area take advantage of something like that. We have gotten so stuck on computers and ordering things online. You can't do a taste test online. LOL I know the area I live in would benefit from it greatly. Thanks for replying H.A.L.A.B

Most Active
Recent Topics