Fee

nicnac215
on 11/1/17 6:14 pm - San Diego , CA

Yeah true, and I think I'll start going back to the support groups too.

Typically my days are the same for a couple weeks then I switch it up. My main go to meat protein is ground turkey because I can dress it up easily different ways.

mornings, 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled with a morning star veggie patty, sprinkle of cheese. Sometime a banana with this.

Mid morning, Tera's why protein with almond milk or cashews.

lunch, salad with ground turkey, cucumber, tomato, feta, 1/4-1/2 avocado & pico di Gallo.

Afternoon, nuts or sweet potato, or bluberries, protein bar (Kirkland brand similar to quest bar)

dinner - a lot of nights I will eat veggies. My go to's are broccoli and red onion baked in the oven with avocado oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Or it could be zucchini, yellow squash, onion, avocado oil, sprinkle of Parmesan. Other times I stick to ground turkey (taco bowl style with red cabbage, tomato, avocado) or I'll make a turkey burger patty and eat it "protein style" with lettuce, onion, tomato.

Thanks

hollykim
on 11/1/17 8:31 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 2, 2017 at 1:14 AM Pacific Time, nicnac215 wrote:

Yeah true, and I think I'll start going back to the support groups too.

Typically my days are the same for a couple weeks then I switch it up. My main go to meat protein is ground turkey because I can dress it up easily different ways.

mornings, 1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled with a morning star veggie patty, sprinkle of cheese. Sometime a banana with this.

Mid morning, Tera's why protein with almond milk or cashews.

lunch, salad with ground turkey, cucumber, tomato, feta, 1/4-1/2 avocado & pico di Gallo.

Afternoon, nuts or sweet potato, or bluberries, protein bar (Kirkland brand similar to quest bar)

dinner - a lot of nights I will eat veggies. My go to's are broccoli and red onion baked in the oven with avocado oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Or it could be zucchini, yellow squash, onion, avocado oil, sprinkle of Parmesan. Other times I stick to ground turkey (taco bowl style with red cabbage, tomato, avocado) or I'll make a turkey burger patty and eat it "protein style" with lettuce, onion, tomato.

Thanks

this menu add up to 1,242 cals. I realize you don't eat this same thing every day but you said you were eating 1500 calories.

soupu think you are eating 1500 calories but with not tracking , it could be way more or way less, as in this menu.

i would seriously drop it back, leave off the carbs and the protein bar, which is really just a glorified candy bar, add more real meat and see if you don't do much better.

nicnac215
on 11/6/17 8:27 am - San Diego , CA

Hollykim, today is day 5 tacking in mfp. I've successfully stayed under 1200 cals, with a healthy balance/mix of protein/carbs & fat. All sources coming from real, Whole Foods. Measuring and weighing the foods has made a difference. Thanks for the tips.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/2/17 3:46 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think your menu needs a little tweaking. It seems really carby to me. Stuff like the squash, banana, sweet potato can take you out of fat burning mode. Plus its so easy to go nuts, on nuts. lol Quest bars, while good, is like a really good candy bar, but don't fall for that net carb thing. I think it's a marketing gimmick.

Definitely get into the habit of tracking to get a better idea of where your numbers like protein, carbs & calories ratio. You could always reintroduce slowly some of these foods back into your menu when you're at goal.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

califsleevin
on 11/2/17 5:49 pm - CA

What do you mean by squash, banana and sweet potato taking one out of fat burning mode? Are you thinking of the ketosis=fat burning thing? Talk about a marketing gimmick, that's just a new gloss on an old diet. I had no problem burning fat while eating a nominally balanced diet including many carbohydrate rich foods (not junk food, just fruits and veg, including root vegetables.) People have been doing so for literally decades and successfully working their WLS and subsequent maintenance.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/2/17 8:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Oh no, I'm not thinking about the ketosis thing & buying strips, etc, etc to see that you're in ketosis. I'm only commenting on the high carbs in one day menu. Most people here try to stay low carb. I'm guessing 50g or less while in rapid weight loss mode. The banana & potato is almost 50 carbs without the fruit & the quest bar with it's funny math net carb gimmicks.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

califsleevin
on 11/2/17 9:55 pm - CA

Phew, that's good! We so often see congratulations aimed at others for having bad breath and BO because that means they're in "fat burning mode". The net/total carb thing is one of the reasons that I generally ignored the whole carb issue altogether. It has some merit when one's diet is primarily real food that comes from the ground, and the original Atkins philosophy was short on fiber, but as usual when things get into packaging and marketing, most logic goes out the window. Add in some of the artificial sweeteners that are effectively zero carb carbs (they behave like a carbohydrate, but don't count as one) and the whole carb counting game gets pretty silly.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

nicnac215
on 11/17/17 5:53 am - San Diego , CA

Update, I have been weighing, measuring, and logging everything into mfp before I eat or drink it. The food choices have not changed, what has changed is the tracking and limitation of 1200 a day. Today will be day 16 of mfp, I'm down 6 pounds.

Laura in Texas
on 11/17/17 8:47 am

That's great! Keep it up!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/1/17 2:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

We can't help you if you delete your posts.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics