I'm Sad

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 9:07 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I agree and I have a number of people blocked, particularly the "Hags?". I do find it interesting that a lot of the negativity is coming from people who had RNY versus VSG in the VSG forum. Not sure what that is all about. I will only block people who make it personal. If someone wants to be negative and they use my platform to express it, I hope it helps them feel better for even a few minutes.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

babsinga
on 10/31/17 5:35 pm
RNY on 07/11/17

WOW! What an ugly response. Still trying to figure out how you turned this into an opportunity to beat the guy up for an observation he was making. He certainly wasnt judging anyone.

I saw you post UGLY responses on multiple forums on OH just in one day! You seem like a very unhappy troublemaker.

I am a 15 year poster on OH and I agree with it being somewhat sad that there are many of us who move on or don't post.

I can't speak for others but I doled out advice for years and years and over time, I did move on and stop contributing. But there were lots of reasons. One of the reasons I stopped coming here were people like you who are just plain mean and judgemental and the second was my own embarrassment when I started to regain weight due to a slipped band, prolapse, chronic automimmune issues etc.

And I do agree that it seems strange that the numbers on all of the forums have dropped. I suspect it has to do with the fact that people have lots of resources available to them including support groups that are local through their bariatric centers, other forms of social media and the need for more privacy due to personal information being so easy to hack .

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

hollykim
on 10/31/17 7:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 1, 2017 at 12:35 AM Pacific Time, babsinga wrote:

WOW! What an ugly response. Still trying to figure out how you turned this into an opportunity to beat the guy up for an observation he was making. He certainly wasnt judging anyone.

I saw you post UGLY responses on multiple forums on OH just in one day! You seem like a very unhappy troublemaker.

I am a 15 year poster on OH and I agree with it being somewhat sad that there are many of us who move on or don't post.

I can't speak for others but I doled out advice for years and years and over time, I did move on and stop contributing. But there were lots of reasons. One of the reasons I stopped coming here were people like you who are just plain mean and judgemental and the second was my own embarrassment when I started to regain weight due to a slipped band, prolapse, chronic automimmune issues etc.

And I do agree that it seems strange that the numbers on all of the forums have dropped. I suspect it has to do with the fact that people have lots of resources available to them including support groups that are local through their bariatric centers, other forms of social media and the need for more privacy due to personal information being so easy to hack .

"ugly" is in the eye of the beholder. I think your trying to be a forum nanny is "ugly", but it is your right to post what you want, just like it is my right to post what I want, as long as it doesn't violate TOS which it doesn't.

i don't believe in blowing unicorn sparkles up ppls butts, truth is truth and facts are facts.

babsinga
on 11/1/17 6:33 am
RNY on 07/11/17

Bla bla bla. One thing I will never be is a forum nanny. YOu can post whatever you want. Just be prepared for consequences. And I dont blow smoke up people's butts either but you are most definitely a trouble making troll.

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

hollykim
on 11/1/17 7:10 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 1, 2017 at 1:33 PM Pacific Time, babsinga wrote:

Bla bla bla. One thing I will never be is a forum nanny. YOu can post whatever you want. Just be prepared for consequences. And I dont blow smoke up people's butts either but you are most definitely a trouble making troll.

there won't be any consequences since I haven't broken TOS. If you mean little rants like yours, pffft. Not even a blip on my radar. Especially from someone who can't even stick around for the long Hall.

CC C.
on 10/31/17 8:03 am

But you left too. I've been here for 9 months and don't remember seeing you all that time. It's up to all of us to keep the community "wonderful". Don't just come to complain not enough people post. Come to participate!

Keith L.
on 10/31/17 8:21 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Maybe I misjudged the tone of my post. It wasn't a complaint just an observation. No one can say anything about my level of contribution to this forum. Search my username and see the number of posts and the amount of content and support, links, recipes, arguments, etc. If this were a complaint, and it wasn't, I someone who earned the right to complain.

Gwen M.
on 10/31/17 8:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Past participation doesn't give you the "right" to complain about current performance. If you want to see active forums - help to make them active. "Well I was active in the past!!" is not a valid excuse.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/1/17 8:33 am - OH

Sorry, but I agree with Gwen. Just because you posted a lot in the past doesn't give your the right to come back now and complain about current lack of participation.

I was here for over 8 years, took a break for over a year for a variety of reasons and am now back. I don't post a lot because I avoid certain repetitive posts that still drive me crazy (3 week stall, stretching pouches for RNYers, carbonation and alcohol pro and con, etc.) and I am too far out (10 years) to have any interest in most posts about what people are eating early out.

Yes, I have also noticed a significant drop in users and posts, but I don't complain about how OTHER people aren't posting when I'm not either. If more people are using Facebook instead of OH, nothing you write is going to bring more people here.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Keith L.
on 11/1/17 9:24 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

First of all it was not a complaint, merely a true and factual observation. I didn't say something like "wow this site really sucks now compared to when I used to come here and post a lot". Second having posted so much absolutely gives me the right to be disappointed about the state of things today. This site was a great resource for me and has help many many people and I hope that will continue to do so in the future. Something you need to realize about a site like this is that it is not free, it requires advertising and advertisers will run for the hills when user readership goes down.

There is no question but the number of people who clearly do not feel comfortable saying in an open forum that they do not participate due to a number of users who are consistently disparaging, rude, or negative. These users were cited by name. That's a shame.

Fortunately I am not one to be intimidated and I will happily do my best to restore this to the resource it used to be within the best of my ability.

Most Active
Recent Topics