I hate myself in photos

Shannon S.
on 10/30/17 5:48 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thank you so much. I can't wait to be of normal size and whip these bad boys out!!!

Kristi T.
on 10/30/17 10:07 am, edited 10/30/17 3:09 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

You are absolutely beautiful! Just imagine what your gorgeous curves are going to look like months after surgery...wow! Your husband is proud of you and wants to show you off! This is a good time to start being proud and kind to yourself as well!

Edited to add-I totally understand the dreaded picture taking. I have maybe two pictures of myself "before" because I always ran from the camera!

Shannon S.
on 10/30/17 5:55 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

So very kind of you. I'm looking forward to a new outlook. Thanks so much.

Notaboutperfect
on 10/30/17 11:51 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Start believing your DH, he's right.

I completely understand, of course, I spent the last 20 years dodging cameras. One of the most powerful tools I used during this past year was my progress pics. I wore a tank top and short yoga pants and took my pic from three angles (yup, the butt too). I took it one month before my surgery date, on the date, and every surgiversary since--and I wear the same clothes in every one. I glued them to a poster board and hung it on my closet door. My year is up in 9 days and I'm so glad I have a visual timeline! It takes so long for your brain to believe the changes your body has gone through. One more bit--save your favorite jeans or fancy outfit. Tuck it into the back of your closet and pull it out once in a while to remind yourself how far you've come.

Shannon S.
on 10/30/17 5:59 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

What a great idea!!! I definitely will. Thanks so much!

Agran
on 10/30/17 4:44 pm

Trust me we all have pictures of ourselves when we are/were not happy. You are beautiful and have a loving husband who thinks you are amazing. Good luck on your journey. Can't wait to celebrate your next set of pictures.

Shannon S.
on 10/30/17 6:01 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thank you for your kindness. You guys really know how to boost a girl up. I look forward to sharing my journey with you as well.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/17 8:57 pm

You are beautiful.

I much like yourself have not one full length picture of myself. I also have a amazing husband who loves me no matter. I have his from pictures for over 25 years. I look forward to enjoying them.

You are who you are and every bit of you makes you who you are.

Penny

Shannon S.
on 10/31/17 3:27 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Very true. Just another battle in my life I have to gear up for. I've had plenty. I'm a total fighter, and these pictures will serve as proof. Have a wonderful day!! ~s

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/17 3:32 pm

One thing that kept me okay with my pictures and not hating myself. Was looking into my eyes. I can see my heart.

I can see yours also.

Laura in Texas always told me to be kind to myself. That is one thing that has stuck with me.

Most Active
Recent Topics