Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 10/26/17

Erin T.
on 10/26/17 3:07 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I'm starting to think about writing a paper that is due next Tuesday. I'm dreading it, but it's time to get on it. At least it's on an interesting topic (the Weathermen). Today I have Kettlebell class, real class, and then we're taking the kids out to my father's to 'trick or treat'. I will be on a business trip for Halloween and he looks forward to them stopping by. There's also a 'Fright Night' in town that we will probably take them to briefly if the weather is good. They have plans to trick or treat with friends on Halloween.

QOTD: What was your favorite subject in school (high school/college)? So far, my favorite college class was Law. It was an incredibly challenging class, but I loved it. I'm sad to say that the professor I took it with has retired now, or I'd take all her other classes. In high school, I always excelled at English/Social Studies and struggled with math. I love anything that requires me to read, although the time investment is hard to find now.

9 months post-op/Maintenance/134.1lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, HC, Miralax

M2: Egg, Sausage & Cheese

M3: Smoked Pork Chop & Cheese

M4: Smoked Chicken w/ Veggies

M5: Yogurt w/ Pecans

S: TBD

E: Kettlebell Class

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/26/17 4:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Thursday. I'm on my flight to LAX, going to the OH conference.

QOTD: Math (I was a math major as an undergrad), then in grad school I enjoyed Organizational Behavior.

year, 7 months post-op (maintenance). 10 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: Quest cereal bar

L: turkey and cheese

D: ?

S: protein bar?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

rissa1224
on 10/26/17 5:09 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Happy Thursday! I don't come on here enough. I'm meeting with a NUT finally, next week. I've lost some lbs that I gained since my lowest, but I can do better. Need the extra guidance as my old NUT sucked.

QOTD; in trade school I was a Medical Assistant and Medical Billing & Coding. I loved any of the classes that involved learning about each area of the field; like Gynecology (I interned for an OBGYN, facinated me!), Cardiology (my god daughter is a heart baby) and we got to do EKGs.

b PP in decaf coffee

S if needed mixed nuts and berries

L sausage parm left over, small salad with hard boiled egg if needed

S if needed celery & hummus

D burgers with roasted onions

Gwen M.
on 10/26/17 6:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I have had a seriously unproductive week so far thanks to appointments and running around. I had hoped that, by today, I'd be putting the finishing touches on my power point due Sunday, but instead I just got started researching for it yesterday. I had to get up early today to get meat in the sous vide for a 12-hour cook, so I'm hopeful I'll be confident enough with where I'm at by 1pm that I can join my bereavement group for lunch, otherwise I'll need to bail on them which would really suck :/

QOTD: I love everything, which is a problem. It's hard for me to stay on track with my choice which is Gerontology. For example, I was a math/comp sci major in my "youth" and those things call to me still, a lot. So when I took statistics last term, I had to fight it's siren call weekly. Being a statistician would be amazing. Statistics are enthralling. And now I'm taking a course and learning about Electronic Health Record systems (EHRs) and I'm really having to fight that desire to get involved with EHRs and security and design. EHRs are amazing and complicated and super fascinating. But then I remind myself that Gerontology is what I really want to be doing and that I want to work with people, not computers and numbers. But ugh, it's a daily challenge for me. I love everything. I love learning.

1: protein shake
2: unclear - if I get to join my group for lunch, I'll probably have a burger. If I eat at home, leftover butter poached tilapia
3: sous vide beef shonayaki, stir fry veggies, rice for dude

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: walk around the block - everything aside from my plantar fasciitis foot is feeling great again. It only took 6 days...

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NoraM13
on 10/26/17 6:56 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Good morning! I thought I posted this already, but I must have forgotten to submit. I have an appointment with a new PCP today. My old one left the practice, and I really don't like the remaining partner. My voice is still pretty rough. I hope I can talk with her.

I need to find a new time to do a yoga video. I usually do it when I get home from work, and Teddy plays with his trucks in the same room. Yesterday, he rolled his cars down the hallway toward the dining room. I thought he went to get them, but he came back with four apples! He must have climbed onto the table, got the apples from the fruit bowl, and then took a bite out of each. He was gone less than a minute.

QOTD - I always loved my English classes in high school. I love to read. I wish I had more time for it now. In college, I really enjoyed a class on Landscape Restoration. We learned how to improve land (especially streams) that had been eroded and degraded, as well as how to deal with invasive plants. I considered going into this field for a while.

B - latte, cottage cheese

L - shrimp

S - protein shake

D - leftover steak tacos (on lettuce for me, on tortillas for the family)

E - I will get home late from my appointment - I'll try to sneak in a walk at work

water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Rachel B.
on 10/26/17 7:27 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good Morning, All! This week has been uber productive for me. I'm not a cleaner, but tuesday I got a bee up my bum and started in my closet. I think it actually started as trying to go through everything in there and get out all the old clothes for the local battered womens shelter to add to the box I already had 3/4 full. I found a lot more tops, and some dresses. Yesterday I added shoes and old purses. I was really honest with myself and put stuff in the box I know I will never wear again. Even if it cost a lot, no use to sitting and not being used when others could use it. I still have a lot to go. A LOT!

QOTD: In high school, French and Band were my faves. As an adult, I enjoyed my forensic studies the most. I took a seminar on death investigation for fun, and did really well with it, but its not an easy field to crack into.

AM: Espresso w/Van PP & Torani SF Van

B: Red Grapefruit

L: Salmon

S: Cheesestick

D: Chicken breast, cottage cheese, Hummus

Water & Vites

Have a great day!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

yvonnef1964
on 10/26/17 9:57 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I slept in and feel pretty good.

Qotd science, band and choir in high school. Medical assistant school loved medical terminology and learning to draw blood. Basically the clinical part of it.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D spaghetti squash casserole and coleslaw

Have a wonderful day

Kristi T.
on 10/26/17 10:06 am, edited 10/26/17 3:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone! Hope your Thursday is going well.

I got called into work today to cover for the full time person that is out with the flu. I normally only work during the summer, so it was a nice surprise to get called in for two days. Today I can actually say I am busy and it feels great, I am appreciating every single moment.

Edited to add QOTD-In high school and college my favorite subject was history, especially Russian and middle Eastern.

B-yogurt with chia, flax and pumpkin seeds

L-banana cream PP shake

S-?

D-Going out to dinner-TBD

E-Late evening walk with dog

Have a wonderful day@

CC C.
on 10/26/17 2:01 pm

Hey all! Back from NYC. I had such a good time, but now it's back on the food wagon. It's hard to eat on vacation with "normies". I didn't walk less than 15,500 steps each day with one day over 22,000, but still came back 2 pounds heavier. Hmmm.

I'm going to the OH conference tomorrow and Saturday. Should be interesting!

QOTD: I really liked school. I think my favorite class was a senior level geology class in college about how geology impacts our daily lives. The professor was awesome, which makes all the difference.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - Real Good Pizza

D - Steak

S - protein pudding

Most Active
Recent Topics