Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 10/25/17

yvonnef1964
on 10/25/17 9:07 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I did three different squash in my instant pot. I liked it better than the oven.

Qotd been to Canada through Ste Saint Marie, Michigan long time ago.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D spaghetti squash casserole and coleslaw

exercise for my hip and walking

Have a good day

Highfunctioningfatman
on 10/25/17 9:57 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I've tried squash so many different ways and I really want to like it but I just don't.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/25/17 12:04 pm

butter. lots of butter.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Rachel B.
on 10/25/17 7:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

butternut squash you can make like a sweet potato, and acorn is good too.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Highfunctioningfatman
on 10/25/17 9:55 am, edited 10/25/17 3:20 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Yesterday my son and I made a Lego Batman cake for a cake bake and auction tonight at his Cub Scout pack meeting. We definitely aren't professional cake decorators but it turned out pretty good nonetheless. I took the day off and he played hookey.

The cake is a from scratch chocolate fudge cake and is made with marscapone cheese so it's extremely moist. The frosting is cream cheese based and we used icing dye to get it to those colors. Whoever eats Batman's head is going to be in for a real surprise in the toilet with all of the black dye that we had to use! To quote Snoopy, "it was a dark and stormy night". :)

QOTD: I have been to both Mexico and Canada. I agree though, in that they are our neighbors, I don't typically think of them as international travel. I have to admit though that I learned a lot going to Mexico and it gave me a complete new found respect for the country.

B: (late breakfast) 3 eggs with Arizona Gunslinger habanero sauce

L: probably not much as I'm walking all over town to hit up businesses to build up our commercial car wash accounts.

D: leftover Chinese food!

Dessert, yep I'm having something. I don't know what but we will definitely be buying a cake at the auction. Two bites and I will be done. I don't want a repeat of the half a cookie and I want to die incident.

Kristi T.
on 10/25/17 10:20 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Your cake is adorable and I bet it was fun to do with your son, great job!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 10/25/17 10:23 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Thanks! We had a great time. We also went out to lunch together and while the cakes were baking we watched classic Wylie Coyote and the Roadrunner on YouTube.

Erin T.
on 10/25/17 3:45 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Did you know that black dye = bright neon green poop? I didn't until my toddler and pre-schooler ate Halloween cupcakes a few years ago. I was freaking out until all my Mom friends compared notes and figured out that green poop was running rampant!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Rachel B.
on 10/25/17 3:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

today was a busy work day.

QOTD: Mexico doesn't really count for me cos, well, skanky border towns. But I loved my stay with Dr. A!!! I spent a month in Italy during the Holidays one year. I had two other visits as well. I also had two visits to London. I would love to go to Scottland, Ireland, and France. I have a very short line on my fathers side of the family tree I would have to go to northern Germany/Norway to flush out. That could be cool.

Yesterday I started organizing my closet. I am packing a box for the local battered womens shelter. I am still going through my room. I cancelled the gym today because my day went long at work and I still have the clean flame burning. Gotta get it while its hot!

AM coffee With Van PP

B: fruit

L: salmon

S: Power crunch bar

D salmon

later!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

MissNexxie
on 10/25/17 4:33 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Hi all,

First posting after my surgery last week. All went well. Food has been completely off plan as it's whatever hubby makes and he can do pretty much anything anywhere except in the kitchen. I can live with that. so it's been lots of take out salads, chicken fingers, crackers and cheese, etc. I'm giving myself a brea****il I can do some meal prep myself as even the blender terrifies the dude so no protein shakes.

QOTD: I'm in Canada and have done quite a bit of international travel: St. Pierre & Miquelon, US, Mexico, Singapore, Iceland x2, Italy, Holland x2, Belgium, England, Spain, Denmark, Baltic Cruise: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Poland, and, various Caribbean islands. My favorites: Iceland by far, Tuscany region of Italy, then Singapore, then Scandinavian countries.

Take care, Nexxie

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active
Recent Topics