Drinkable vitamins

Ladyblu
on 10/20/17 10:42 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

My bad... I should probably read more carefully. Thank you for clarifying!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

hollykim
on 10/20/17 1:30 am, edited 10/20/17 2:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 20, 2017 at 1:14 AM Pacific Time, Missexpress410 wrote:

Has anyone tried Tespo machine and powdered vitamins. Seems like a good idea for those struggling to get their daily supplements in. Powder mixes with water and you have yourself a vitamin shot. So what do you guys think? Is it worth it?

I wouldn?t use it for two reasons.

One, you can?t customize the amount of each vitamin you are receiving according to your labs.

for example:

it has only 250 mg of calcium and it is not calcium citrate, which is recommended for us, which is only 25% of the RDA for an average person, not the 200% rda recommended for those with bariatric surgeries.

there is only 18 mg or 100% rda of iron when again we need 200% rda.

you can?t double up on taking more pods a day to get more of one thing without getting too much of something else.

Example: there is 400 mg of bit d which is 6666% rda so you can?t double up to get extra calcium without way over taking the bit d. You may end up needing that much d , I need 50,000 Iu a day and am still low, but you won?t lnow till you start tracking your labs.

This is why I didn?t use a package vitamin early on though I use patches now at nearly 8 years out.

Second is taste. What if you hate the taste? It has orange flavor and stevia and many have trouble with becoming used to stevia. Even one shot of something you think tastes horrible is going to put you off taking it every day.

edited to add: iron and calcium cancel each other out in your system so if you take them closer than two hours apart you are not getting the benefit of them

Missexpress410
on 10/21/17 5:09 am

Thank you hollykim for such a detailed reply. I had the mind set that for those having a problem taking pills before surgery after surgery wasn't going to be any better. So something is better than nothing right? But now I understand completely from your post that this is not a good idea. There is no one-size-fit-all solution to your vitamin needs. If we believe because someone else can take pills we all can take pills we would be no better than those that say, I lost weight without surgery, so can you. Just doesn't work that way. Thank you again and I appreciate your response. ?

hollykim
on 10/21/17 7:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM Pacific Time, Missexpress410 wrote:

Thank you hollykim for such a detailed reply. I had the mind set that for those having a problem taking pills before surgery after surgery wasn't going to be any better. So something is better than nothing right? But now I understand completely from your post that this is not a good idea. There is no one-size-fit-all solution to your vitamin needs. If we believe because someone else can take pills we all can take pills we would be no better than those that say, I lost weight without surgery, so can you. Just doesn't work that way. Thank you again and I appreciate your response. ?

totally. I do nt have a problem with the liquid part, if you will take liquids better than pills , then by all means find as many appropriate cuts in liquid that you can.

We just really can't utilize the all in one variety

CC C.
on 10/20/17 10:14 am

I tried a dissolvable powdered vitamin. It was like drinking a really bad Crystal light with sand in it. Ick.

Missexpress410
on 10/21/17 5:14 am

Oh no Cecily. That is not good at all. ? I wonder if they can be dissolved in more water or blended in a smoothie? Hmmmm. My surgery is not until January 2018. Going to have to play around with a few ways to find something that works for me. Thanks for the heads up. Yummy sand. LOL

Eggface
on 10/25/17 8:23 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Celebrate makes a protein shake called ENS it's got protein plus a multi, calcium 500 mg, and fiber in it... it's one of my favorite Vanilla's I use it in my Birthday Cake Shake http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2015/06/birth day-treats-post-weight-loss-surgery.html I use it for the protein and the vits are just the bonus really but might be a nice change up for you. My fav is the Vanilla Cake Batter but it also comes in Orange Cream (like a 50/50 bar) and Chocolate Milk.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Missexpress410
on 10/25/17 9:34 am

Thanks Eggface. I need to give that a try.

Most Active
Recent Topics