Multivitamins!

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/17 11:11 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/18/17

Has anyone tried the Tespo MVIs? It seems a bit gimmicky--if I did it, I probably wouldn't do their machine, but it seems like something that might be a bit easier to take...add to water or other liquid. They supposedly worked with ASMBS to develop the bariatric version per the video on their website.

Gwen M.
on 10/15/17 5:55 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I've looked at the information for them, and they definitely don't meet all of our vitamin needs, especially in the realm of calcium.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Hope3317
on 10/17/17 3:45 pm

Like you I got to the point that I gagged when I opened the bottle of chewable vitamins every morning. So I switched to Bariatric Advantage Chewy Bites.

I take the Multivitamin Chewy Bite in Watermelon flavor - one in the morning and one at night. These do not have iron so you have to take your iron separately.

They also have an iron Chewy Bite in Raspberry Chocolate. I don't use this but I did taste it and it was good.

I love the Calcium Citrate Chewy Bite in Chocolate. Each is 500mg and I take 3 a day, one at the end of each meal. You just have make sure that its been at least 2 hours since taking iron. They are similar to a chocolate caramel, so I think of them as desert.

If you order directly from the company, I think you can get samples or they have some kind of guarantee. Just google Bariatric Advantage for their phone.

I also take B-12 sublingual (cherry), D-3 (a small capsule ) and Walgreens ferrous Gluconate iron (27 mg). My main problem now is just being sure that capsules and pills are small. I never could swallow horse pills even before surgery.

Good luck with your vitamins. From reading this forum, it seems everyone struggles to find the best mix for vitamins and supplements.

BrittBrat414
on 10/18/17 10:22 am - MN
VSG on 09/19/17

I just got a sample pack of vitamins from Celebrate Nutritional Company. I'm supposed to bring in all my vitamins that I take to my appointment next Wednesday but I've been having the hardest time trying to be able to tolerate them so hopefully they don't yell at me. I have the B12 sublingual that I got at my doctor's office and its tolerable but I am definitely looking for a new one to take.

Surgery Date: 09/19/2017 HW: 304.6 SW: 288.1 CW: 245 lbs M1: -19 M2: -16 M3:-8

"It's Impossible - said Pride ; It's Risky - said Experience ; It's Pointless - said Reason ; Give it a try - Whispered the Heart "

Bufflehead
on 10/17/17 4:30 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I use Trader Joe's High Potency Chewable Multi's, and have since my surgery in 2013. I have my labs drawn regularly and they are always great. I find them very mild in flavor, and they are cheaper, lower calorie, and lower carb than other chewables on the market (particularly the bariatric vitamins, which usually are formulated to resemble candy, are very high calorie and high carb and ridiculously expensive).

Most Active
Recent Topics