HELP!!!! Pre-op VSG.....More anxious then a long tailed cat in a room full or rocking...

Agran
on 10/6/17 4:50 pm

Welcome and congratulations on making a decision to be healthier. I am 3 months post VSG. I was a bit concerned going through surgery but I did a lot of research and realized that this is a fairly low risk surgery and doctors have been performing it for a very long time. My doctor was fantastic and recovery went extremely well.

I agree with the other, you can eat in restaurants and have an "almost normal" life. But your attitudes towards food will change and you are unable to eat what you used to. I found it easier to tell a very few close friends who have supported me through this journey ( some have not been that supportive so be prepared for that). I have found ratting around them to be easy and they are always willing to share their dinners with me ?

Good for you for taking this step. It will be easier than you think right now. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

A. Foxter
on 10/6/17 5:15 pm
VSG on 10/19/17

Wow....Thank you for your reply.

carolw1229
on 10/7/17 10:43 am
VSG on 10/18/17

My VSG REVISION from band is Oct 18. I understand your anxiety completely! But I know that this is best and right for me. I want to live to meet my grandkids. I've done all the research and my surgeon is excellent. Good luck and keep posting!

A. Foxter
on 10/7/17 5:00 pm
VSG on 10/19/17

Will do!

A. Foxter
on 10/10/17 6:20 am
VSG on 10/19/17

9 day from surgery! Liquid diet (not the liquor kind!) starting in 2 days!

Aavenger
on 10/10/17 8:33 pm - Mount pearl, Canada
VSG on 11/15/17

I know how you feel my surgery is in November with a great surgeon .I have medical issues that I hope the weight loss will cure.

Most Active
Recent Topics