Upset with myself

bxbeba
on 9/28/17 6:48 am - NY

Thank you for your reply. It isn't easy, but no one else is helping and this is my mom.

As of today, I am back in the mindset to get this regain off. Writing on this site getting some of my personal issues off my chest with people who understand and receiving good advice has helped.

Thank you again for your support!

Mary Gee
on 9/27/17 9:37 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I'm sorry you're struggling. I know how it is, and I understand being angry with yourself.

I had surgery in 2014 and have not reached goal yet. Started off great... but then I, too, ran into problems.... abusive relationship, terminal illness of boyfriend (who I drove to clinic every single day for over a year)..... fire destroyed my home and all my belongings. Tried and tried to get on track throughout all this. No success. I started therapy a few months after the fire and it helped me greatly. I joined Weigh****chers and that helped tremendously.... it helped me get back on track..I altered their program to fit my barbaric diet. The accountability did the trick for me.

I never gave up. I kept getting back on the horse. When I fell off, I got back on. I will never give up because I know the program works.

Best of luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

bxbeba
on 9/28/17 7:03 am - NY

Thank you for your reply. Wow seems like you have been through a lot and I'm complaining!! I was thinking about Weigh****chers, getting on that scale in front of someone else is a big mind game with me and will keep me focused.

With all the responses I received, I am definitely back on the horse as of this morning!! I'm going to win this battle.

Thank you again and I wish you all the best and will say a prayer for you.

White Dove
on 9/28/17 5:37 am - Warren, OH

Tori,

I am sorry for all that you are going through. For almost everyone who has weight loss surgery, they lose about 100 pounds during the first two years and then gain 20 pounds back by the end of year three.

Some people do not have an ounce or regain and some have a lot more. It happens whether they have struggles with health and other stress or whether they are living perfectly happy lives. The body "remembers" its former weight and will fight to get that weight back.

There are countless variations in how much regain happens. From zero to all lost weight regained and extra.

You say that you know what to do, but you don't. The thing that you have to do is to take in less calories than you burn. That can be easier with high protein and low carb, but the bottom line is that calories are what you need to count once you have this much regain to take off.

I make counting calories a game. I log every single sip or bite in My Fitness Pal. I have a Garmin Vivofit tracker and a Garmin Index scale. The devices and software sync with My Fitness Pal. If my weight is up, I can examine my calories and sodium intake on MFP and then analyze my scale data to see if I am holding water or my fat or muscle weight has changed.

You have 39 pounds to lose to get back into those clothes. If you can eat 500 less calories a day from what you are burning you will lose a pound a week and be at your goal in 39 weeks. It sounds too slow, but if you don't do it, the 39 weeks will pass and you will not have lost weight.

I maintained my weight loss through my husbands battle with cancer, his death, the health decline and finally death of my mother, involvement in a lawsuit against a neighbor, moving to a new home, helping family members and friends with their illnesses, financial stresses and my own serious health issues.

When I am faced with a stressful situation, I tell myself that I have to help myself first. If I don't take care of me, then I will not be here at all.

The good part is that once you really get serious about logging your food and keeping your calories down, it becomes easy again. Seriously it is even easier than it was after surgery. Mary Gee gave you some wonderful advice. Join Weigh****chers. It will give you the accountability that you need now.

Tell yourself that you are worth the time and money it takes to get you back to your dream weight. It is not too late. Start today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

bxbeba
on 9/28/17 6:41 am - NY

Tori,

Thank you so much for your reply. After writing and getting some of my feelings out, today I have started logging in everything that is going into my mouth. I do have to put myself first, hard thing to do I never did that. I also watched my husband die from liver cancer at the age of 51, I know your pain.

Weigh****chers is a good idea, getting on that scale in from of someone else does it for me. It's all a mind game, but it works.

Thank you again, and congrats on keeping your weight off.

Toni

Gwen M.
on 9/28/17 5:44 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you seeing a therapist? It sounds like you've going through a lot and having trouble finding your motivation - a therapist can help you figure out how to process all of this.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

bxbeba
on 9/29/17 10:34 am - NY

Not yet, looking to find one close to my office. I need that other person to talk to and get my head straight.

Can I ask you what type of protein shake do you have in the morning? I see that you have one everyday and was wondering what you use.

Thank you for your reponse and advice.

Gwen M.
on 9/29/17 11:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Sure. My shake is the following:

8 ounces unsweetened original almond milk
1 scoop optimum nutrition double rich chocolate
1/2 scoop syntrax mint cookie
and then my additives which are 2T benefiber, 2T collagen protein, miralax, bromelain, and magnesium citrate.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Y D.
on 10/17/17 4:11 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with
Most Active
Recent Topics