Whatcha eating today VSGers? Thursday, 9/21/2017

yvonnef1964
on 9/21/17 7:11 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I just got done watching Big Brother. Watch a lot of Dateline. Looking forward to This is us, Chicago fire and some new shows like new spinoff of law and order. At my friend, we are watching Reign on Netflix.

B coffee with fairlife milk first, ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D cheeseburger no bun and vegetable medley in cheese sauce

Have a good day

NoraM13
on 9/21/17 7:22 am
VSG on 08/21/17

I'm off today and tomorrow for Rosh Hashanah, so I was up at 5:30 but managed to go back to sleep for a bit. I have to pick up my mother-in-law from a colonoscopy. I have an old friend coming in from Boston tomorrow and I need to get my house cleaned at some point. I'll probably take my son out for a walk after his nap - maybe try to find a new park since we'll have more time. We didn't have time for a walk yesterday, but I managed to hit my step goal by marching in place for 5 minutes.

Also, today is my one month surgiversary! I'm down 19.8 lb since surgery and 34.4 lb overall. I've lost 31 inches. My wedding ring fits again, and my back pain is almost gone. So happy I did this!

QOTD - I don'****ch a lot of TV, but my wife does. There's lots of shows I've seen bits of because she has them on. Together we watch Big Bang Theory, Designated Survivor, and This Is Us.

B - latte, scrambled eggs and one piece of sausage

L - tuna with mayo, cucumber

S - protein shake

D - my wife won't be home, so I think I'll just have some cottage cheese and find something for Teddy (he's in a picky phase and driving me nuts)

S - sugar free popsicle

E - walk, hit 8k steps

Water and Vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

CC C.
on 9/21/17 7:24 am

Good morning! It's actually hot here for pretty much the first time this summer. Not a breath of a breeze either. I'm thinking a kayak session is in order!

QOTD: I watch far too much TV. My favorite shows are BBC/UK stuff. Can't wait for Poldark to return and Doc Martin. Big Bang Theory is also a favorite. I'm currently rewatching Grimm too as I'm so bummed they canceled it.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - pulled pork

RobbieMcKenney
on 9/21/17 7:32 am

QOTD: I watch NCIS and Project Runway (I sew a lot). If I am flipping channels, I end up on HGTV or Syfy. Other than that, we binge watch Netflix, especially British mysteries and anything science fiction. Right now it is Father Brown.

My weekday meals seldom vary - a protein shake for breakfast and chicken soup for lunch. Dinner will be something with chicken. We bought a rotisserie chicken Tuesday for dinner and ate about a third of it, and had more of it last night as chicken cacciatore. Maybe I will make a chicken salad.

I did add popcorn back in to my diet as a late night snack. I pop it myself, and strictly limit how much of it I eat by measuring it. Usually I make enough for a few nights, and bag the extra into appropriate size snacks.

Fredbear
on 9/21/17 7:40 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Two more days until vacation, picked up some protein powder last night to take on the trip and found some books I thought would be interesting to read.

QOTD: No interest in the idiot box. If I'm ever bored enough (or more likely, ill enough) to sit and watch a show, I'll go to Netflix and play a Star Trek episode or two while I actually do something else on my iPad.

B: protein shake

L: 4 oz spiced up chicken

S: protein shake

D: ??? taking the cat-sitter out tonight after showing her how to use the new alarm system in the new house

E: at least 6 km walking and 108 flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Carmaneel
on 9/21/17 7:57 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17
Good morning everyone!

Today is my first official day on soft foods and I am so excited. The menu below was planned last night by me and my dietician. I don't expect to get through all of it but I'm going to give it a good go as I was told by my dietician last night that I'm not eating enough as I've been below 500 cal since surgery. After talking to her I feel much better about my progress. I think I was just waiting for permission.to.eat if that makes sense.

QOTD: I don'****ch a ton of TV but during my recovery I got sucked in to Outlander and have been re-watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.

B - 1 egg scrambled, 1 oz avocado, 1 piece WW multigrain bread well toasted

L - Protein Shake (Quattro Magnum from Popeyes) made with lactose free skim milk

D - Smart Ones Turkey Breast. Only eating the turkey here.

S - 1 egg scrambled, 1 slice ham, a sprinkle of light cheese

Cal: 684 Protein: 79g Carb: 39g

VSG: Aug 25th, 2017|| HW: 398 CW: 250 GW: 190 Age: 29 | 5'9"

Gwen M.
on 9/21/17 8:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck - eggs can often be very challenging in the beginning.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Carmaneel
on 9/21/17 8:31 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17

Thank you Gwen! I'm holding breakfast okay. Ate the whole egg and only 3 or 4 bites of the other stuff. It's sitting like a rock in my stomach.

I think I'll skip the eggs later and just eat the ham and cheese.

Gwen M.
on 9/21/17 8:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My NUT's theory on this is that a lot of us scramble our eggs very hard. I've always been a fan of soft, slightly wet scrambled eggs and didn't have a problem with them post-op, so I can see her theory as being plausible.

She suggested, if I did have a problem with scrambled eggs, to add something like a laughing cow cheese wedge to keep them wetter. At this point in post-op eating, we tend to do best with moist foods :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Carmaneel
on 9/21/17 8:38 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17

Great suggestion and it totally makes sense. The wetter the food the happier my tummy is. I'll try a wet scramble or poached next time. My egg was definitely a bit on the hard side this morning.

Most Active
Recent Topics