Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 9/19/17

Rachel B.
on 9/19/17 11:35 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

You're in such a beautiful part of Cali. I don't know how you can bring yourself to go to the midwest for the summer. I'm a Hoosier by birth, but you wouldn't see me hanging out in the drippy, buggy place! I'll go for a visit, but keep it to the AC! Or maybe go visit in the fall...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

CC C.
on 9/19/17 1:45 pm

I do like CA, it's just so crowded! Northern MI is awesome and where we are (wind-whipped by Lake MI), there are very few bugs. You can walk on the beach for miles and never see another person (totally appeals to my introverted self). Just bald eagles and shore birds...

From my hike the other day:

Kristi T.
on 9/19/17 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

trying to type one handed with my left, sorry for typos. surgery on my shoulder was sucsessful and home by noon yesterday. in a lot of pain but am ok. haven't been able to eat very well yet.

qotd-compassion

b-yogurt

l-?

d-pho of some kind

e-none

hope everyone has a good day, just wanted to check in

Rachel B.
on 9/19/17 11:36 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Congrats on the successful surgery!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 9/19/17 1:45 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Glad you are home ok - rest lots and take care

CC C.
on 9/19/17 1:47 pm

So glad your surgery went well, Kristi! I hope the pain passes quickly!

yvonnef1964
on 9/19/17 11:40 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Having a bad day. Extremely tired this morning. Then I go to leave and my car wouldn't start. AAA came and I needed a new battery. Got that installed.

Qotd I don't know if it was practical, my mom said to work hard in a job and work as much as you can. It worked for me awhile but then it took a toll on my health and it killed her.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D going to Logans, steak, salad and grilled mushrooms

Have a good day

NateH
on 9/19/17 11:41 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Drizzly morning turned into a sunny afternoon.

B: Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Strawberry with 10 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk

S: .5 oz almonds

L: 4 oz. pork roast

S: .5 oz pork rinds

D: 4 oz. skirt steak

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

ShirlAus
on 9/19/17 1:41 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All. One more sleep and Im off to Sydney to catch up with my friend - leave tommorrow night after work. Im starting my walking today - finally decided my knee is settled enough to attempt it. Saw my natropath last night for the first time in 2 years and she did my measurements. Based on previous measurement 2 years ago (and I got bigger before the surgery) I have lost over 50lbs but the best bit is the losses in cms. Will list below. Im very happy as I forgot to take measurements before my surgery at the end of June.

Neck 1.5cms - 0.5 inches

Arm 3.0 cms -1.1 inches

Chest 9.0 cms - 3.5 inches

Waist 10.0 cms - 3.9 inches

Hips 10.0 cms - 3.9 inches

Leg 8.0 cms - 3.1 inches

QOTD: My Dad (may he RIP) taught me tenacity and to never give up. He and my Mum immigrated from Scotland to Australia not long after they married. They came half way around the world knowing no-one and made a wonderful life over here for both my sister and I. I will always be thankful. Both excelled at school - top of their year levels and showed us girls that hard work gives you what you wish for. My Dad was the fiery one whilst my mum is calmer. She and I are very close and I cherish her every day. Shes there to listen without judgement and always supportive. Shes my rock. Sadly we lost my Dad and my sister within 18 months of each other - it brought us even closer together.

B: Chicken Breast (1oz) & Babybel Cheese

S: Chobani Yoghurt

L: Chicken Breast (1oz), Lettuce, Avocado (2 slices) & mayo

D: TBD - picking up washing machine at 6pm

E: Finally going to trust my knee will hold and start walking - -planning 20 mins at lunchtime

hannahg22
on 9/19/17 3:48 pm
VSG on 08/15/17

QOTD: My father taught me to manage my money correctly, and he also taught me how to drive (this includes parking of all forms; he would take me to Cabelas in our pickup and make me back in, in between boats so I could NOT hit one of them or I was in trouble). He also taught me how to change my tires, change my own oil, and jump my own car. My mom taught me how to cook, not really much when I was younger but she started to teach me more as I got older. Which didn't help with my weight issues, especially since she was obese as well.

1 month, 4 days post op/"soft foods" to "regular foods"/189.8lbs

M1: Coffee w/ SF creamer, 1 spoonful of applesauce, 1/2 of a Kodiak Kake

M2: Mozzarella Cheese stick & clear PP

M3: 1 Mozzarella stuffed meatball w/ marinara

M4: 2oz cottage cheese, SF popsicle

S: Not sure yet....

E: I worked (on my feet) all day lol, maybe we will walk tonight

Most Active