Skin? 5'5 200 lbs to lose

Valerie G.
on 8/22/17 7:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You can count on the loose skin happening with that much to lose. No lotion, cream or special exercise can prevent it, because it's actually "damaged" skin. To what degree depends on how long you've been morbidly obese, age, genetics and a little luck.

Fortunately, these days the shaper garments are a godsend for a confidence boost. They make you look quite normal. Don't worry about feeling hot in them. Once you lose your weight that won't be an issue like it is for you right now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shannon S.
on 8/22/17 11:35 am
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks for the honesty. I wear shapers now so that won't be a problem. I've been obese since childhood, so my snap back game is probably not going to be good.

catwoman7
on 8/24/17 5:17 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've lost over 230 lbs. I worried about loose skin incessantly at the beginning of my journey, but I can tell you now that I would take my loose skin ANY DAY over weighing 300+ pounds!!! ANY FRICKIN' DAY!! I have no idea now why I was so freaked out about it. I am SO much happier now, loose skin and all!

I have lots of loose skin. Here's a recent picture of me. Do you see any of it? Nope. Depending on where it is on your body, it can be very easy to hide. And I don't wear shapewear, either. The only people who know it's there are me, my husband, and my doctor - and they don't care!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Shannon S.
on 9/3/17 5:20 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

OMG you look amazing. I don't see any of it. Just awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Most Active
Recent Topics