Bmi too low..... gaining to qualify??

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/21/17 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Only your insurance company knows this. You need to ask them, not the random strangers here who don't know anything about your insurance company.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 1:08 pm

I don't need to ask anyone anything about "MY" insurance! I obviously have already done so that's why I know what they require. I never once asked if anyone knew what my insurance requirements are. The question was if I gained a couple extra lbs and my bmi reached 40 would I then qualify. I need to be at 40+ to even be considered! If I lose weight pre op that's fine that's the goal any way that's what they want to see if an effort to lose weight so please if you don't know what u are talking about please don't even bother commenting at all, I was asking anyone who has ever been in a similar situation. None of y'all are doctors and y'all don't work for the insurance companies either so if it don't apply don't replay ... thanks !

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/21/17 1:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

>> "Does any[one] know know how long I will have to wait before trying to qualify again?"

Sounded like you were asking the board.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 5:26 pm

Some people just need to mind there own damn business. It's a time and place for everything. I came here looking for honest feedback from people who have been in my shoes not rude negative trolls. Honest no one has correctly answered my questions or concerns but in stead tried to flip things around and make me out to be a bad person for trying to get answers. This is my first time unlike some of you so I don't know about the process but I do know what my insurance covers and I never asked anything about insurance, y'all made it about that I asked about bmi everything else was irrelevant

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/21/17 6:05 pm
On August 22, 2017 at 12:26 AM Pacific Time, Acm1991 wrote:

Some people just need to mind there own damn business. It's a time and place for everything. I came here looking for honest feedback from people who have been in my shoes not rude negative trolls. Honest no one has correctly answered my questions or concerns but in stead tried to flip things around and make me out to be a bad person for trying to get answers. This is my first time unlike some of you so I don't know about the process but I do know what my insurance covers and I never asked anything about insurance, y'all made it about that I asked about bmi everything else was irrelevant

No one tried to make you out to be a bad person or flip things. No one was rude. You started slinging insults about people only knowing about eating.

I've worked in the insurance field for over a decade. Here's what I can tell you: only your insurance can say if it will cover if you gain weight now and how long it will be before you can try again. As you have been answered, every policy is different.

It isn't a case of us having all the answers and not telling you, it is that without being able to read YOUR SPECIFIC POLICY we cannot. Also, some surgeons will dismiss you from their surgical program if you gain.

Best advice: get out your policy handbook and read it.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Nikke2003
on 8/21/17 3:38 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I never once asked if anyone knew what my insurance requirements are. The question was if I gained a couple extra lbs and my bmi reached 40 would I then qualify.

Asking what your insurance company's requirements are is exactly what you did, and that's ok... but the answers you're going to get are exactly what SparkleKitty gave you. She was being helpful. There's no need to be nasty. People are here to support you and your responses in this thread so far are hostile/rude. Very successful, long time community members are going to be less likely to help you in the future.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 5:02 pm

I appreciate your help and honest opinion, she came off as rude to me ! I never asked any questions reguarding my insurances requirements, I know what they are, my main concern was about the bmi being off and no one correctly answered my question but it's fine obviously no one has enough knowledge bout the topic to do so therefore no one should even be commenting because most of the responses I got went not helpful at all

Member Services
on 8/21/17 4:04 pm - Irvine, CA

Your last question, "Does any know know how long I will have to wait before trying to qualify again?" was what Sparklekitty was replying to, when she said to ask your insurance company. Each company is different and each plan through each company is different. So, no one can answer you here. You would have to call your insurance carrier and specifically ask them that question "how long will you have to wait before trying to qualify again"

That will be your best way to get the answer you need.

Good luck and hang in there!

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 5:05 pm, edited 8/21/17 10:05 am

Thank you, but that question concerning the wait time to reapply or qualify wasn't even the main issue or reason for the post. The post was about BMI , therefore all unrelated topics and comments are irrelevant!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/21/17 5:26 pm - OH

If that wasn't the main subject of the post, and you ONLY wanted answers to the main point, then maybe you shouldn't have asked the subsequent "irrelevant" question.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics