Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 8/9/17

Fredbear
on 8/9/17 7:48 am, edited 8/9/17 12:51 am
VSG on 11/29/16

One of the best parts about surgery was giving up caffeine.

It's so nice to not have to frantically search for a caffeine source each day or having debilitating headaches or risk becoming Señor Crankypants all day.

Also, best sleep in years.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

SallyCat
on 8/9/17 8:42 am
VSG on 10/17/16

The sad part was that I gave it up after surgery, and like you, I was so happy. I didn't have to worry about the headache, etc. I felt free. Once I got back to work, I slowly got sucked back in. It seems like my one indulgence a day. I know I should give it up again. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for the end of the month, and I am already trying to figure out how late I can drink coffee the night before so as not to have the headache the next day. Not good.

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Fredbear
on 8/9/17 7:46 am, edited 8/9/17 3:56 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Working from home today. I'm supposed to fix family dinner tonight, and I have NO idea what to make or what I even have in the house for people who eat non-bariatric-friendly food. It's not like I can serve everyone just cottage cheese, LOL.

But that'll give me a chance to sneak in a walk to the store! 7 kilometers ca-ching

B: protein shake

L: chicken and tofu stir fry

S: protein shake

D: chili

E: 7k walk to the store and back

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Fredbear
on 8/9/17 10:58 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Decided to make a four-bean chili with ground beef and ground pork. Have to dumb down the heat level for the group, but should still be tasty.

Also making one of my famous sweet cornbread cakes and serving it with whipped cinnamon honey butter.

Stacy_WLS
on 8/9/17 8:33 am

Just a couple of more days until vacation -- I can't wait! I have the dentist this afternoon then doctors appointment tomorrow morning. Blah - lots of stuff to do and work doesn't slow down.

Food:

b - fit frappe & coffee

l - cheese ravioli & tomato sauce

s - yogurt + protein shake

d - pot roast

s - tbd

e - crossfit

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

yvonnef1964
on 8/9/17 9:24 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Im leaving today for a four day Christian music festival. I'm sad that my brother and sil can't attend since she has liver cancer. She is having chemo today and can't be around crowds.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

The rest of the day is up in the air.

Ill be bringing protein shakes and bars with me if I need it.

Have a good rest of the week.

Kristi T.
on 8/9/17 9:27 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

We have so much smoke in the air you can't see the sun, but it's there and it's hot!

B-4oz Greek yogurt w/chia & flax seed

L-Hard boiled egg and string cheese

S-Vanilla protein shake

D-Chicken salad in romaine lettuce cups, few bing cherries

E-Late evening walk if air quality improves

Hope everyone has a good day!

jachristmas
on 8/9/17 10:42 am
VSG on 12/14/16

It's been raining pretty much all day and I have been debating on going out to finish the last of the back to school shopping.. really the only thing left to do is go exchange some sneakers I bought for my niece (her mom told me the wrong size). Of course I wouldn't mind stopping by Sam's Club while I'm headed that way and stock up on some lunchbox goodies, love to wander around that place lol.

B premier caramel in decaf coffee

S string cheese

L chicken salad with cucumber slices

S if needed, Greek yogurt

D depends on whether I go to the mall (It's an hour away) if I do we will grab something later, and if not I am thinking meatloaf would be yummy tonight with mashed potatoes for the boys

Vitamins and water good. A walk if the rain stops plus extra steps at Sam's and the mall if I go.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/9/17 11:24 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Wednesday's are usually busy for me with work meetings. Granted I work from home but I'm stuck on the phone most of the day. On a side not my stomach has recovered from my quick eating yesterday.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: Deviled chicken salad with crumbed up Wasa cracker

D: turkey enchilada skillet.

S: protein bar

E: walking

W&V

Donna L.
on 8/9/17 11:25 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I've been in and out briefly on the forums for which I apologize. I am preparing for a VSG revision to the DS or SADI - we are still working out the details. After much research and talking to nine surgeons, I feel the difference is negligible in my case. I'll post updates after the details are set.

M1: 30g protein shake

M2: LC "sandwich" wrap in lettuce - tuna, tomato, and some cucumber.

M3: chicken meatballs in harissa.

Snack: if needed, light greek yogurt and/or 1 string cheese.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics