Are these anxieties before VSG to be expected?

Phoenix17
on 8/7/17 9:25 pm
VSG on 09/07/17
On August 8, 2017 at 4:16 AM Pacific Time, Jamie R. wrote:
Hi Phoenix17! I feel the exact same way as you. I'm very nervous. My surgery is scheduled for 09/21/17. I just told my immediate family about my upcoming surgery. I'm not telling anyone else. This is an exciting, yet, anxious time!

Hi Jamie. You're just two weeks after mine. Well, for what it's worth I am happy to share and support you through this forum. I'm happy to hear that we are both getting it done so close to each other. We aren't alone on this journey! Best of luck to you.

Jamie R.
on 8/8/17 9:59 am, edited 8/8/17 3:00 am
VSG on 09/21/17

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'm here for support, for you too! I'm new to this site. I just scheduled my pre op nutrition class today. Getting closer.

Jamie R.
on 8/8/17 10:01 am
VSG on 09/21/17

Yes, we can be here for each other!

Phoenix17
on 9/6/17 12:01 am
VSG on 09/07/17
On August 8, 2017 at 5:01 PM Pacific Time, Jamie R. wrote:

Yes, we can be here for each other!

Not long now for you, Jamie! How you feeling?

Jamie R.
on 9/6/17 3:24 pm
VSG on 09/21/17

Hi! How are you doing? Your surgery is tomorrow? Please let me know how it goes. I'm getting nervous. 2 weeks from tomorrow is my Surgery. Keep me updated.

Phoenix17
on 9/6/17 6:03 pm
VSG on 09/07/17

I'm freaking myself out reading about GERD post-op in VSG patients wondering if I am doing the right thing! I really shouldn't be reading any of this stuff.

Yes, my surgery is tomorrow morning. I will keep you most updated for sure!

Jamie R.
on 9/6/17 7:13 pm
VSG on 09/21/17

Good Luck to you! Thank you in advance for your updates. Try not to read about all the cons. Try and focus on all the positives & why you are having surgery.

Jd020409
on 8/9/17 9:33 am
VSG on 08/22/17

hi phoenix17,

I am going through the same thing right now. my VSG is scheduled for 08/22/17 and i'm nervous and rethinking everything. which to me deep down is crazy because i worked so hard to get to this point and i need this but i keep thinking i can do this with out surgery but if that were the case i wouldn't be here at the moment. i am also struggling with the thought i have 2 daughters and am i making the right decision. i question this because my youngest said to me the other day that mommy you don't need to be skinny you are beautiful the way you are. That ha**** me hard because i feel am i being stereo-typical with skinny is beautiful not fat. i know i need this for variety of health issues and i have explained to my girls the reason i am doing the surgery. but i think that i am just getting the best of myself right now!

Phoenix17
on 9/6/17 12:01 am
VSG on 09/07/17
On August 9, 2017 at 4:33 PM Pacific Time, Jd020409 wrote:

hi phoenix17,

I am going through the same thing right now. my VSG is scheduled for 08/22/17 and i'm nervous and rethinking everything. which to me deep down is crazy because i worked so hard to get to this point and i need this but i keep thinking i can do this with out surgery but if that were the case i wouldn't be here at the moment. i am also struggling with the thought i have 2 daughters and am i making the right decision. i question this because my youngest said to me the other day that mommy you don't need to be skinny you are beautiful the way you are. That ha**** me hard because i feel am i being stereo-typical with skinny is beautiful not fat. i know i need this for variety of health issues and i have explained to my girls the reason i am doing the surgery. but i think that i am just getting the best of myself right now!

How'd your surgery go, Jd020409? I'm rethinking so much, too. I'm glad that it's normal or else I'd be going nuts right about now.

My VSG is scheduled for tomorrow at 7am so any pointers on recovery and/or mindset going into the ER appreciated! I am ready, but I am still nervous just like I was a month ago.

Jamie R.
on 9/14/17 2:07 pm
VSG on 09/21/17

How are you doing & feeling? Hope all is well.

Most Active
Recent Topics