GAINED 3 LBS !!!!! Also does sleeve cause hormone issues?

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 6:39 am

what can i eat to get enough protien? my nutritionist emailed me and i told her what i was eating and she said it was fine, but to add more carb and not worry about protien. i just dont know what to do.

i feel sh* emotionally and physically. everything i need makes me gag even on an ounce.

i couldnt even finnish one protien shake if i tried.

i dont understand, honestly i am trying. and though i understand not doing much for loss i cant understand an actual gain? i feel like i should just give up.

I know other people find this easier, im glad for this sleeve that i have. i sit here constantly drinking and it not resulting to much i eat it just seems like something is wrong. il be honest when i see him next week.

im so sad that i cant get this right.

Erin T.
on 8/3/17 6:45 am
VSG on 01/17/17

It's not easy for anyone. It sucks for awhile. You can get down a whole protein shake, I promise. You just need to do it 1oz at a time. Pour it into a shot glass and sip it. Once that one is down set a timer to do it again in 15 or 30 minutes and start the process over.

At this point, what does giving up mean? I mean really, you've barely given this a shot. At this point, you need to suck it up. Really. Put your big girl panties on and do what needs to be done. It doesn't have to be fun, and it can suck a lot for awhile, but in the long run, it will get better. Stop making excuses for why you can't and just do it. A year from now, you'll be thin and it will all be worth it!

Your NUT sucks and you shouldn't add carbs and protein does matter. If you aren't seeing a therapist, you should add that to your care team too.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 7:01 am

Before I edited it i did say yes i am seeing a therapist but shes as qualified as i am lol so im going to give up on that one.

and your right. its not just this really i just feel really bad mentaly worse than usual thats why i was wondering if the sleeve can effect hormones

give up to me would be having a shot of vodka seen as im gaining weight anyway, but il keep workin at it

firstworld problems i know

Erin T.
on 8/3/17 7:03 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Yes, it can mess with your hormones. Hormones are stored in fat and you're burning through it quickly right now. I remember having an all out sob fest over the idea of drinking another protein shake.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/17 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Try different temperatures for your water. I had difficulty with ice water early on, but room-temperature water or hot tea worked just fine and didn't make me gag.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sara R.
on 8/3/17 5:40 am
VSG on 06/27/17

I see that you posted about a negative pregnancy test on another thread so I am going to assume that you are female. I had the same thing happen to me. And it was 3 lbs also. But it was the week before I got my period. I stayed the same weight for a week and then I gained 3 lbs in another week. I wa****ting water and protein goals, staying around 600-700 calories. Finally my period came and the next day I started to lose weight. I never had weight gains with my period before but this might be something new that I have to deal with now. I know that it sucks. Hang in there and keep doing what you are doing. You'll see a change soon.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 5:45 am, edited 8/2/17 10:46 pm

NEGITIVE PREGNANCY TEST? What? I havent even had sex in three years so perhaps you have got me mixed up dude lol

Sara R.
on 8/3/17 6:19 am
VSG on 06/27/17

I mentioned this as to confirm that you were female. Didn't mean to imply that you might be PG. I wasnt going to suggest weight gain from upcoming periods of you were male.

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 5:46 am

But thank you anyway lol fingers crossed

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 5:51 am

Hmm it could be period related, as i have the depo injection and am over due so do get bleeding tmi thank the lord if thats what it is lol

Most Active
Recent Topics