MISSING: Mr. Funky Chicken

Grim_Traveller
on 7/28/17 5:58 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It takes longer than most people think to ease back into a lot of foods some seem like they would be easy, but aren't.

The best things I did were try one new thing, and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, wait a couple of weeks and try again.

Beef tenderloin was a staple early on for me. It was easier than chicken or hamburger, by far.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kristi T.
on 7/27/17 8:57 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

The only chicken I could eat for a long time was Costco's Kirkland brand of canned chicken. It's really moist and goes down a lot easier...give it a try if you haven't.

diane S.
on 7/27/17 10:16 am

Hey don't be in a rush to eat Mr. Funky Chicken. Take your time and it will happen. I used to grind it up cooked and then put a spoon or two into chicken broth. This was the only thing I could do for a long time. I thought your post was cute. We used to refer to milk as Moo Juice. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Amalilly
on 7/28/17 5:06 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 05/23/17

Moo Juice? USED TO refer to it as moo juice - come on it is still and FOREVER moo juice!!! ~wink

Fredbear
on 7/27/17 12:16 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

I've been on chicken since day 8 - as per my surgeon's plan. What I have found is that chicken can be difficult if you overchew it; though everyone talks about thoroughly chewing your food, with chicken, if you overchew, the chicken actually gets puffed up and expands. Therefore, when eating chicken, I cut it into smaller pieces and don't chew it nearly as much as I would any other food.

If you still have problems, try juicier cuts (dark meat), or add a moist sauce to help it go easier. You may simply have to wait if your sleeve is particularly finicky...

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Amalilly
on 7/28/17 5:08 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 05/23/17

I am going to try the dark meat next time, with sauce. All I know is Funky Chicken Boob has not stayed down... YET!

Most Active