I don't want to use the world jealousy but ...

Kristi T.
on 7/20/17 10:38 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

True friends stick by you no matter what and do not make you feel bad about yourself. You will know in your heart if it is time to let go.

Gwen M.
on 7/20/17 11:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry. I hope that you have other friends you can turn to, since it seems like she's not in that category anymore :(

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 7/20/17 10:22 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I agree with Gwen. I hear what you are saying about her reciprocating and listening to you when it comes to your life, it would be nice. But, this may be the one subject she just doesn't want to talk about. Speak about it with others in your life that are supportive of your decision.

AnonymousGirl
on 7/20/17 10:24 am

But, ever since I mentioned the surgery. She gets annoyed with me . Even when I talk about my boyfriend . Or when I tell her I'm having medical problems . She gets annoyed .. She goes " well why are you telling me , go to a doctor " my response was " I did 3 times , but I guess a fourth won't hurt " and she said "well you go do that then" . It's with everything , now. Ever since I mentioned the surgery. She snaps so quickly at me .

Kristi T.
on 7/20/17 10:28 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Again, I agree with Gwen. You need healthy, supportive people in your life right now. Her negativity is not going to serve you well in the future. I am sorry she is being this way with you.

AnonymousGirl
on 7/20/17 10:41 am

I guess you're both right . I just didn't see this coming . She has a perfect body and she's pretty and she has a lot going for her . I don't understand why bettering myself would make her push me away.

Gwen M.
on 7/20/17 11:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Sadly we never know why other people do the things they do. And just because people have "perfect bodies" and are "pretty" and have "a lot going for them" doesn't mean they don't also have inner demons they're battling with.

It sucks, but sometimes that's how relationships with other people go. I'm sorry.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Fredbear
on 7/20/17 12:47 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

She sounds like a really ****ty friend, why are you associating with her?

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Doriam R.
on 7/20/17 12:11 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Well, In my humble opinion and I am not a phycologist, she is not a good friend to you!!! Invest your love and your enegy in people that deserve you!!!

dh101
on 7/20/17 2:53 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Unfortunately there are people in the world where the world revolves around them. No one else has problems, no one else is important. Unfortunately for the rest of us on the planet they have a tendency to make us feel small IF WE LET THEM.

You are on a permanent path for your own health. It will help you to loose the weight, but you will have to own the required eating and exercise requirements for life. It doesn't matter what anyone else does. Only you control what you eat.

It is unfortunate that your friend is unable to relate to your choice, but she has a different relationship with food than you do. There is nothing in her experience that will help her relate. It is as if she had to understand the diet of a person from another planet. What are the correct foods for you to eat, are not what she eats. Going forward the difference will be even larger as you will not be able to consume the amounts or kinds of foods even you used to eat. You know this, your mom understands and is ready to help you transition, and your boyfriend is going to all the meetings to learn with you and HE is adapting.

So while it is unfortunate that your one friend can't accept, give her time and space. She may discover that you are still the same person she has always liked, or you will discover that she is not worthy of your friendship. Only time will tell, but stressing about it now does not help you on the path you have chosen.

You will succeed because you won't let others detract from your goal!

Best of luck,

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics