Got GERD?

gracegetsgastric
on 7/19/17 8:45 pm
VSG on 01/02/18

Oh wow, right away! That's good to hear that the DGL is helping control things though. Thanks for weighing in. Hearing from everybody has definitely been helpful. :)

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

CC C.
on 7/20/17 12:10 pm

I tried the DGL, but couldn't get past the taste despite trying. I really hate black licorice/anise stuff!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/17 6:03 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I get the caramel flavored ones and have a hard time not eating too many because they taste so good!

CC C.
on 7/21/17 6:10 am

Oh wow, I'll definitely look for those! I had to spit the other kind out it was so nasty.

Von219
on 7/24/17 4:33 pm

I clicked on this topic because I have the same fear...of getting GERD after having the Sleeve operation done. Years ago, I kept acid reflux & I ate at least one roll of Tums a day. Then, I found out that you can get the same feeling as acid reflux if you don't have enough acid. There is a simple test you can do at home to find out. When you get heartburn, drink 1/3 cp water that you've added 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to. If it gets worse, then you need the Tums or the prescription meds....if it gets better you need digestive enzymes. I did that & got relief....so I went to GNC purchase some of those. After a couple of yrs of that...I just quit taking anything & the acid reflux never returned. I had never had GERD again until they put me on PPI meds after they discovered that I had a small hernia & ulcers. They aren't sure if the ulcers came from acid reflux (that I didn't notice) or from taking arthritis meds on an empty stomach. I've kind of weaned myself off them since info has come out about their side effects. I take them a couple times a week, sometimes less.

Most Active
Recent Topics