Please help me!!

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 10:14 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

What can you eat now? Still full liquids, no? Thank you so much for your support. I don't have friends that have done this before me. I will go to the support group my doctor offers, hopefully I will meet people, so grateful for all the encouragement I have gotten in this forum, I will survive!!! Everyone else has!!

i tell that to myself all the time!! I try to think about the future!!!

My daughter is starting college this fall and I can't wait to be able to visit her in a normal size body!!! She is an athlete and has always worried about my weight, sadly my son is like me and hopefully I will be a good example for him, so he can make some changes!!!

Thank you!! Let's keep on keeping on!!!

shedo82773
on 7/17/17 4:03 pm
RNY on 07/02/13

What you are experiencing is totally normal. Hang in there!! Keep your eyes on the prize!! You can do this. Most of all keep trying. Follow everything your Surgeon said and you will be successful. Many have been down the same road with the same feelings and they are now lovin their new life!! As far as having the back door trots, I had them for 2 weeks preop and 4 weeks postop. I became Lactose intolerant. I used the Premuir Protein drinks and they are made with milk!!! Not Good for me. Good Luck and KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 4:43 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

YES!! Thank you... cooking for my family is not easy... yes I will keep going!! I usually consider myself a strong person, and now I feel the opposite, I feel like crying, it must be hormonal, idk. Thanks so much for your support!!

shedo82773
on 7/17/17 4:50 pm
RNY on 07/02/13
On July 17, 2017 at 11:43 PM Pacific Time, Doriam R. wrote:

YES!! Thank you... cooking for my family is not easy... yes I will keep going!! I usually consider myself a strong person, and now I feel the opposite, I feel like crying, it must be hormonal, idk. Thanks so much for your support!!

You are so welcome!! The hormones are stored in our fat. So after WLS they are being released like crazy. Yea I felt like laughing and then crying right after each other. I also felt so weak!! I am 4 years out and I can tell you the time passes so fast. I had the RNY and got to my goal weight within 6 months. I did have problems with Strictures. I feel like that was why I lost so fast. I have gained 10#'s back but I am maintaing pretty good. This 10#'s is over the whole span of 4 years. So I feel pretty good. Now it is time to take some of it off again. Hang in there everything that is goiing on will become a memory when you start losing your weight and feeling sooo much better. If can help you with any ?'s feel free to ask them.

Mary S.
on 7/20/17 6:08 am - Eden Prairie , MN
VSG on 05/15/17
Hi - I had my lap band removed and VSG on May 15, I can relate to much of what you are experiencing. Hang in there and believe that you will be amazed at your weight loss and all of the terrible experiences you probably had with your LB will be gone. Try to take it a day at a time, keep busy and the days will fly by and soon you will be on full meals, I just had my 2 month checkup and I'm doing great, down 25. But still weigh and measure my food. I have had a couple of incidents where I ate one bite too many and it feels like pressure in the chest area. I am exercising but slowly getting to where I want to be. Remember, your body needs to heal. I am so happy I got the VSG and grateful that I have had NO real side affects. I had to find protein drinks I liked. Mine turned out to be Premier Protein Strawberry cream and banana cream, I have taken many back to the store. Homemade broth is best, My thoughts are with you, take care and best of luck.

Original surgery 12/5/06 - 238

VSG 5/15/17 - SW 213.5, CW 203.5, GW 140

Doriam R.
on 7/20/17 8:19 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Thank you so very much!!!! You give me hope!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics