How long does the HONEY MOON PHASE last?

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/17 3:39 am

Thank you for the comparison. That makes sense :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/17 3:37 am

Thanks for answering everyone . this is very interesting.

So.

If someone eats under 4 ounces per meal. Not over indulging etc. And 3 years out their restriction should be the same as the first few months ? Or does restriction reduce as times goes on no matter what you do ?

Thanks just curious again

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/17 3:45 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

In the first few months part of your restriction is inflammation from the stomach healing. Once the stomach has fully healed you will inevitably have less restriction, even if you've never over ate.

Arjeffries
on 7/17/17 10:59 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I had the VSG 20 months ago and I am still loosing weight slowly. The mental part has always been and will always be a struggle for me. I fail a lot but as time goes on, I'm failing less often. One bite, one pound, one day at a time is my philosophy. If you bite it, you write it. For me, tracking and measuring is something I have to do. My Dr. said no more than 4 ounces ever at a time of food.(3 ounces being protein). Exercise try walking, yoga, water aerobics. If you are severely limited in mobility, try simple foot and arm flexes/rolls while you are sitting.

fattofitchick
on 7/19/17 7:02 pm
VSG on 04/20/17

I'm going to be straight up about this, for me. Yes, I would say I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

But, if I want to ignore my cravings/head hunger I can. Just like we ignored those physcial cues before, we still can post op. Just be warned.

If you follow the program and manage your stress effectively, you won't have this problem. Also, working out definitely makes you hungrier, so don't beat yourself up if you're hungrier when you're more active.

Surgery Date: 4/20/17 HW: 322 SW: 308 CW: 221.6 GW: 150

My personal WLS blog and wls-friendly recipes: www.fattofitchick.com

Most Active
Recent Topics