Recovering from VSG while caring for toddler

NovaBlake
on 7/13/17 12:15 pm

This is a point of nervousness for me. I'm concerned with this. What did you do when you felt that pain? Did you contact your surgeon or go to the hospital?

Sara R.
on 7/13/17 2:51 pm
VSG on 06/27/17

My kiddos are 9 and 11 and I was so surprised by how much I needed to bend over. I was able to bend over a little bit but could not reach the floor. I was telling my husband that I wish had some sort of grabber tool so I could reach things on the ground. Luckily my kids were willing to help when I couldn't reach things. My 9 yo was having to tie my shoes.

Valerie G.
on 7/14/17 1:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You absolutely, positively need time to recover outside of the demands of a toddler. Some people take two months just to shake the anesthesia fog out of their heads and think straight again. For about a week or so, I couldn't even watch television because the pictures moved too fast. Also, you cannot push/pull/lift anything more than 8 lbs for 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure your daughter weighs more than that, too. It may be time for an extended vacay at the grandparents or have your mom come and stay with you for a bit.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Nemikon
on 11/5/21 10:20 am

After you return home, you will need someone who can look after your daughter. Your condition will be unstable for a while, so you will be able to keep track of it.

Most Active
Recent Topics