Do you HAVE TO count calories?

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/17 11:22 am

Thanks everyone for your reply , it really is good to have others prospectives on things.

I think for me , someone asked what I meant by obbsessed when I count is, I have quite severe diagnosed OCD, when I am in a stressful phase in life, if that happens to be when I attempt counting calories it then ends up taking over everything, I end up meal planning on my fittness pal all through the night and do not sleep, get stressed if I did not get it right to the tea, and I do not want that to be my life now. When I would fail and eat something I had not planned I would be quite distressed.

But then when I am not in a bad phase as we all know they come and go and manifest in other ways, it may not have taken over like that, as it never lasts forever.

I will take each day one at a time .

I have already weighed 4 ounces and 2 ounce puree food , in containers for my food stage, and I have been measuring my liquids to make sure I am drinking enough liquid.

But I will be honest with myself , my dietician knows me and has given me a plan that is simple, low sugar low fat , 4 ounces 3 meals a day when I am able to or 2 ounces 6 times a day, and i have two ounces and 4 ounce containers, so I believe I can start of there. Protein first veggies second, and I will do carbs third hahah

I will not do the sticking to a certain number of carbs as though I know it works for a million zillion people my dietician does not feel this is what I need to do and more do moderation.

If this does not work I will adapt honestly. Start small and see how it goes :)

( P.S I am one of those people that can pay there bills and never check their bank and still manage to afford things haha But that is because I do not spend much outside necessities, so I will follow this analogy here, and do not spend my calories on crap food, and use it for necessities such as protein and veg, thank you for that . It really does make sense.

NVArchitect
on 7/12/17 7:56 pm
VSG on 02/27/17

You are a lot like me. I have OCD and I drove myself crazy counting calories, macros whatever. I stressed over it. Now I just have my little containers and fill them with wholesome food, good protein and veggies and stick to my routine.

I'm also one that doesn't balance the checkbook and doesn't have issues. I can do it in my head. Lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/17 4:28 am

Thats super intresting i am happy to know it works for you as that is what i want to do just fill my 4 ounce and my 2 ounce containers.

What do you eat can i ask ? can I know your stats so far?

i feel positive knowing somoene similar to me is making it work with just the container method :P

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/17 7:01 pm

I think the most important thing is to make sure you count your protein grams. Not getting enough protein has a lot of bad effects on your body.

Most Active