Seriously scared...

karishka
on 7/10/17 10:09 am

I'm sorry for what you are going through....I had a very hard time in the beginning. I actually ended up going on an antidepressant for a short time because I just couldn't get my emotions in check. Take it from someone who has been there, it ABSOLUTELY will get easier. When I was in the thick of everything I couldn't see how there would ever be a way out of my feelings. It will get easier, but sometimes it does take time. You can always message me if you would like to talk.

You are not alone....hang in there!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/10/17 10:34 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just want to give you a great big hug. I can't imagine living in my car and dealing with all the changes that take place after surgery. Do you have any family or friends that you can lean on right now? Could you possibly speak to the social worker at the hospital where you had surgery to inquire about temporary housing while you recover? Perhaps these are stupid ideas, so forgive me, because I have never actually been in your situation. Just another big hug to you. I hope things become easier for you very soon.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

fattofitchick
on 7/10/17 12:29 pm
VSG on 04/20/17

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling right now. I promise it will get better, I'm about 2 1/2 months post op, also 26, and while I didn't get those immense cravings in the beginning, I do get them now, sometimes for a week at a time. It's hard, this surgery is only the beginning. I thought I would never be hungry again. I was wrong. It sounds like you're going through some tough times, and I know from experience that stress doesn't help with the cravings, even post op. In fact, it can be worse because you physically cannot handle a binge as much as you may want to.

It's going to be an emotional journey, just try not to get to wrapped up in your thoughts. Beans helped me immensely when I was around two weeks post op, plus there's some protein content. Protein, is going to be a challenge, it still is for me to this day, but you just gotta try. Don't beat yourself up if you're not reaching all your goals, just make a conscious effort every day. Have you tried isopure? I know the milky-ness of the protein shakes were awful, especially in the beginning. Those isopures are drinks versus shakes.

Remember why you decided to go on this journey to begin with, it will get better. Hang in there! x

Surgery Date: 4/20/17 HW: 322 SW: 308 CW: 221.6 GW: 150

My personal WLS blog and wls-friendly recipes: www.fattofitchick.com

Doriam R.
on 7/10/17 6:41 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I am sorry you are going trough all of this. I will pray for you right now. Hang in there, everyone says it gets easier, time will pass and it will get easier.

My surgery is tomorrow and I am sure I will have a hard time with the liquid diet. I have been on one this week for the most part and is very very hard to stick to it. But you will see the reward soon in the scale. Be patient, ask God to help you. Try to find a friend or a family member that can help you for a few days. Best of luck! and whatever you do dont eat because you may hurt yourself very badly.

I send you love and strength!!!

Most Active