Seriously scared...

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/9/17 4:31 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I'm...so overwhelmed with sadness since getting this surgery two weeks ago. I am trying to get in my protein and fluids and the fluids are fine, I'm still on full liquids but I CANT get my protein in....I feel like this is making me weak and sick. I also....just want to eat so badly...but it could literally kill me now if I send something hard down my throat....I just want to eat. My attitude has been affecting my relationship and I don't want to be alone and stuck with this stupid cut up stomach

I'm regretting this and since it's irreversible I don't know what to do!!!!!! I'm 26 and I'm so scared of what I've done...I thought this would be a strong tool to help me control my over consumption but this whole recovery process is definitely sooooooooo much harder than I expected and more than I feel I can handle...

:'(

Gwen M.
on 7/9/17 4:36 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry - this process can be an emotional roller coaster due to healing and hormone dumping.

What does your plan allow you to have at this point? Would sugar free popsicles satisfy your desire to eat?

I highly recommend that you add a therapist to your team to help you through these feelings. It'll get better. The first few weeks after any major surgery can be really challenging. Hang in there!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/9/17 4:54 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks so much! It definitely helps hearing words of encouragement....I can have sugar free popsicles now but to complicate things even further....I'm homeless...living out of my car and I have yet to find any popsicles sold in singles...

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/9/17 5:20 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I'm sorry that you're having a rough time right now & being homeless only makes things worse. It's hard in the beginning, but it will get easier. You just need some time to heal up. Other than the local corner store/ice cream trucks are the only places I can think of that might sell single sf popsicles.

If you can, you can try making some, remember the ices with the crushed ice & flavoring on top? Maybe you can do the same, get some ice, bang it up in a bag & put sf flavoring on top in a cup. Tourani sf syrups are pretty tasty & they have small bottles, but any sf flavorings should do the trick & you get to use your teeth for a little bit.

Hang in there! Hope things turn around for you soon.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 7/9/17 6:09 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry, that sounds very complicated indeed! I'm sure you've thought of all of the suggestions I could throw out there. :/

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

dh101
on 7/9/17 9:01 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

My program lets me have creamed soup, provided it has no lumps. Cream of chicken has a bunch of protein in it. Chowder is also good, but you may have to strain it.

I was able to make my own creamy fish soup using Cauliflower as both the thickener and to add much of the "creamy-ness" to the soup.

I have also been eating SILKEN tofu. It goes down as well as jello. I have been flavoring mine with just a little chicken broth.

Best of luck!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/10/17 7:29 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks! What a great idea....I may try the cream of chicken tonight!!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/9/17 11:39 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I hit up my local Safeway and used the broth out of the Chunky chicken noodle soup that they have hot and ready. I put it a big travel coffee cup and I just looked like your average every day coffee freak.

WasVSGRightforMe
on 7/10/17 7:30 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks! I had this soup the other day :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/10/17 8:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

If you're still on full liquids as was stated on your original post, it might not be a good idea to eat any soups that have bits of chicken or noodles in it, as was stated on earlier posts. Stick with the broths. Remember nerves have been cut & you won't feel much of anything if you start advancing thru the stages too soon.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active