Need some opinions...girl stuff

White Dove
on 6/22/17 1:39 pm - Warren, OH

I was working in a position where I had to look neat and professional. I bought clothes that fit oerfectly and took them to a consignment shop when they got too big.

i would have looked and felt unprofessional in baggy or tight clothes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/17 4:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Me too - I had to buy in each size on the way down. Thank goodness for ThredUp.com!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

little_a
on 6/23/17 10:51 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Yep, I work as a student manager at the bookstore at my college and I have to dress biz casual. BUT they just kinda changed the rules so we can wear leggings and jeans but make it look professional. So I am thinking nice leggings can get me a long way and cardigans..I don't know...

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/17 6:06 pm

I would buy it if you love it ... will make you feel good. Keep your motivation and excitement going. I love clothing and had a few things altered by a tailor when got to Goal. Unique pieces that were worth it to me. Loved wearing again at smaller size. If unique and you love the skirt and going to make you feel good ....tailoring it will be an option.

little_a
on 6/23/17 10:52 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Thank you :') Love your username

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/17 5:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I was able to take in a lot of clothes so I could wear them longer, so maybe that would be an option for the skirt? Regardless definitely buy at least one size down from where you are now. I recently altered some of last summers size 6 clothes to fit (I am now a size 0-2 depending on the brand).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

little_a
on 6/23/17 10:53 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Omg congrats! That seems impossible to me right now but I know it's not. Best of luck and thanks for replying.

A

LifeIsAwesome
on 6/23/17 9:20 am, edited 6/23/17 2:21 am
VSG on 02/15/17

I am 4 months out and have gone from a size 20/22 to a 10/12. That equals out to a size a month. I work in an atmosphere where I have to dress in slacks, suits, etc. I finally learned to go to Walmart, buy 2 pairs of their dress black pants for $15.00 each. I thought, oh, I can buy a top in XL and it will fit me for 5-6 months. It looks like I am wearing a garbage bag. Also, went on a 10 day vacation so I had to buy all new clothes. Good news - it was SO MUCH FUN SHOPPING! I did though have to take it ALL back and exchange it for 1 to 2 sizes smaller because I lost another 15 lbs before leaving for vacation. Bad news - nothing fit after 2 weeks. I have probably spent $2,000 on clothes over the past 4 months and right now I have about 15 things that fit well. I have gone bra shopping twice - just buy 1 bra. Have gone from a 44 DD, to a 38D. Sad when your trainer tells you to get new workout clothes because they are literally falling off. I have piles of clothes I love and thought I could get wear out of - most only worn 1 to 2 times. Only buy as little as you can while you transition to your new size. Also, my daughter taught me, if you buy anything at Old Navy, Target or Macy's, you don't have to have a receipt. Just ask them to look up your purchase by your credit card number.

HW-280; SW-235; GW-155; Age-57; Height-5'8"
Stats from SW - M1 -26; M2 -11; M3 -10; M4 -10; M5 -6; M6 -10; M7 - 5;

little_a
on 6/23/17 10:54 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Wow okay that really puts things in perspective. Thank you for posting! Congrats on your transformation btw. Such a rockstar.

Cindee2017
on 6/23/17 12:16 pm
VSG on 02/17/17

I totally agree with buying it in a smaller size, maybe even two sizes smaller. I remember when I was a month out I bought a nice outfit for an event, and it felt so good to have something that fit nice and showed off how much weight I lost. I only wore it a couple more times, but it was worth it...especially with all the nice comments I received about how great I looked.

My favorite hobby now is thrift store shopping. I know when all the stores have sales and do a weekly circuit. I am tall, so at first I was just buying any and all tall pants in smaller sizes. Then I realized I needed more shirts, since my old shirts were circus tents on me. The best tip is to know your brands and regular prices, so you don't pay $5 for something from Walmart that you could buy brand new for $6. I mostly look for Lane Bryant, Anne Taylor, Banana Republic, etc., and usually I don't spend more than $2-$5. Salvation Army has 2 for 99 cents every day. It is so fun to find amazing deals and then always have clothes to wear as I lose weight. I have all my clothes sorted by size, but I also try on the next size down every couple of weeks. Some brands fit differently, so in some things I can wear 20 and in other an 18. When I first started losing weight at size 26/28, I had smaller clothes (22) that I used to wear that I transitioned into, so I originally bought size 18 and 20 clothes. Then when I got to size 20, I started buying 16, and so on. I remember when I was so excited to squeeze into an 18, and yesterday I was able to zip a pair of 16 pants...it wasn't pretty, but they were zipped!!

Most Active
Recent Topics