LOW CARB PRE OP diet NOT LIQUID

Grim_Traveller
on 6/22/17 12:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

That's not even medium carb. Way, way too many woryhless calories from carbs.

Going truly low carb is like quitting heroin. Really nasty. And after surgery, you will be super low carb at first. So you'll be recovering ftom surgery and anesthesia, and going through carb withdrawal at the same time. Noy very pretty at all.

Go zero carb now. Get used to dense protein only. It will suck really bad for a few days, but you will be happier and more successful in the long run.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/22/17 2:09 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

This is so not low carb, but it looks like the Dr is trying to get you used to something you're not too crazy about, which is measuring/weighing your food. This is something you're gonna have to get used to, & like anything new it can be hard & it can feel a little bit on the sucky side, but its so very necessary. Not only during weight loss but in maintenance as well.

I know for me, even years out, I still need to measure/weigh my food because after years of morbid obesity my perceptions of a serving size is flawed/way off base. Sticking with pre measured amounts of food/weighing it, etc, helps keeps me accountable & also lets me know what to clamp down on whenever my weight creeps up.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

dh101
on 6/22/17 7:53 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

You will need to weight and measure from now on. So look at this diet as part of reprogramming the meat computer between your ears.

i would look at what you will be eating after surgery. In my case it is to be protein first, then veggies, and if I have room a small amount of starch.

So leading up to my current 2 week protein shake only - pre-op phase, I had some form of eggs most mornings for breakfast. A balanced lunch starting with the protein, and the same for dinner. 3 oz of protein and a portion or two of healthy veggies. If I has a starch, I tried to have it only one meal a day, and the I tried to make it a whole grain, not white starch.

Good luck!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics