Work

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/17 3:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I didn't take any time off before surgery. I took 2 weeks off starting the day of surgery (which was mid-afternoon), then I worked from home for 2 weeks. Though it was good to have the time off, if I had to I could have been working after one week and back in the office after 2 (desk job).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

LMTSC
on 6/22/17 4:22 am
VSG on 06/29/17
On June 21, 2017 at 9:17 PM Pacific Time, LMTSC wrote:

did any of you take a day or two off before your surgery? I'm def not working the day before but can't decide about the day before that.

I forgot to mention that my best friend is flying in to help me after surgery and will arrive at 8am on the 27th. I would feel like a horrible host if I worked the day she arrived.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

ambec0308
on 6/22/17 7:51 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/17

I get off everyday at 3 and have not asked off for the day before. We are selling a house and I have to meet the carpet cleaners that day at 11:30 so I may end up not going back to work that day anyway. I have already started packing my bag and I shouldn't need much time to finish that up.

Lap band 5/2010 lost 37 lbs regain 22.

5/19/17 Surgery consult 201.6 lbs

6/15/17 approved by insurance(started liquid diet) 194.7lbs

6/28/17 Surgery weight 184.4

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/22/17 9:12 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Id leave your extra day for after. I had a few minor complications that made my goal of going back harder. I was going to take 1 week off but realized I had plenty of sick time so I told my boss I'd defiantly be back in 2 weeks but probably working from home a little during that second week. That was true.

But I had a reaction to the dermabond (glue) they used to close my incisions and that left me with hand size red itchy spots at each cut location and also I broke out in bumps everywhere before it was over with. So I was a little more miserable and didn't sleep as soundly had that not been going on. Next on the day I was going to go to work, I got up outa bed feeling pretty good and I popped some internal stitches which didn't feel good at all. I went into the doc and they suggested staying home a few more days to avoid normal ups and downs of being at work.

Anyway neither of my issues were big deals. I did feel good enough after 1 week to get back to my desk job but I was happy for the additional time because it gave me more time to adjust to my drinking, walking, and small food eating. I was then very happy I had some more days I could work from home while dealing with the stupid popped stitches.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

LMTSC
on 6/22/17 9:16 am
VSG on 06/29/17

Thanks! I was still planning on being home for a total of 17 days after surgery too.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Steph Meat Hag
on 6/22/17 9:54 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Thats cool. I was able to use that 3 weeks to try some recipes, not worry about eating something and it not setting well, I was able to establish a solid drinking fluids plan as well. I also felt fine to start back at normal things like 1miles walks around the neighborhood, going to to the store, and house chores. It was nice to not need to deal with work during the early phases.

Best advise I can give you is post surgery is to drink drink drink. Don't fret about food or shakes but get down water and fluids. I got low on fluids on day 3 and by day 4 I was a mess and it was my own fault. It's so easy to forget to drink enough when your napping on and off. I also liked using a shot glass for measuring things the first week like shakes. My shakes are a real struggle, my stomach didn't like them but I felt it was important to get some in each day. Putting it 1oz shot glass servings made me feel like I'd achieved something and I could tell day to day that it was getting easier to do.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

LMTSC
on 6/22/17 12:20 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Thanks for the info!!!

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

illumin8ed
on 6/22/17 10:07 am
VSG on 06/14/17

I got really lucky. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off and my surgery was on Wednesday. On Monday, i was wishing i took an extra day off, but i think it was mostly because i didnt want to be there anyway. I did spend Tuesday doing a bunch of things around town to make life easier for post op life.

LMTSC
on 6/22/17 12:20 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

My best friend is coming inn town to help so I want to be able to spend a day or two with her before and I also want to spend time with my niece and nephew who turn 2 the day of my surgery.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

GettingToJoy
on 6/22/17 12:21 pm
RNY on 06/29/17

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, 6/27. Nope, I am working the day before (all day! Starting at 6:30AM) AND I'll be driving my daughter to the beach (well, halfway, my mother will meet me somewhere along the way, but it'll be at least two hours) after I get off work.

To be honest, I'd much rather have the day off, to sit and do nothing, but I don't think that time alone with my thoughts will be very healthy for me - as it is, I need to get out of my head. I will pack my hospital bag this weekend, so that on Tuesday, all I'll have to do is get up, take my dogs to the kennel, then back home for another Hibiclens shower and then head to the hospital. My arrival time is 12 Noon.

My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness

HW: 327 SW: 292 GW: 188 CW: 225

Most Active
Recent Topics