Whatcha eating today VSGers? Monday, 5/29/2017

Gwen M.
on 5/29/17 5:12 am, edited 5/29/17 5:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Monday! I'll update this with something more after I get it posted. Otherwise I have a feeling someone else will post while I'm writing my update :D

Since my update might be long....

I left for NYC on Friday and NYC is clearly good for my weight loss. Last time I was there was week 5 post-op and I came home and had lost 5 pounds! This time I lost 2. Considering I feel like I Ate All The Things while I was there, I have no idea how that happened. The trip was amazing. Hamilton was amazing on Friday. The American Museum of Natural History on Saturday was grand. We walked a LOT. 10 miles on Saturday alone! Great trip. And, like so many of us I'd imagine, I spent time thinking "wow, yes I'm wiped out, but I never could have done this 4 years ago." Walking 10 miles in a day would have wrecked me for weeks (and did) in my pre-op life. Now? A good night of sleep leaves me feeling about 95% the next day. (I'm having some plantar fasciitis flare up with my left foot. It's the 5% that doesn't feel good.)

And speaking of ops. I'm now a week away from my first reconstructive plastic surgery. And, for the first time since scheduling, I actually have time to focus on it and get super excited. There is no pre-op diet for this, but I know that post-op I might not feel like eating too much, so I've stocked up on protein powders in new and different flavors. Right now I'm drinking a "snickerdoodle" one that's actually really spicy and good. I also want to ensure that I get in as much protein as the doc wants me to between now and then. (And post-op as well.) I'm adding a 4th meal of protein shake to ensure that. I'm contemplating doing my pre-pre-op diet from my VSG which was "shakes for meals I eat alone" but I'm not sure I want to do three shakes a day at this point in my life. However, doing that WAS a good mindset changer. So we'll see.

Since today is a day off work for the guys, we're going to see Alien: Covenant a bit later. And once someone is awake to join me, I'll be heading out to grocery shop for the week. It's my last week of cooking for a while, so I've got lots of things to cook in bulk and freeze on the meal plan. (I'm planning on not being able to/not wanting to cook for 1-2 weeks after my upcoming plastics.)

1: protein shake
2: italian meat (leftover from party)
3: super meaty spaghetti sauce, noodles for the guys
4: protein shake

liquid and vites: on track, or else
exercise: nothing planned

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 5/29/17 5:31 am

More gardening for me today. The veggie seeds are almost all in the ground. Then I have to fix the drip system that some rodent ate part of over the winter. Later cleaning up the flower beds. I can hear my back howling already... It should be a pretty day here!

B - coffee and yogurt

L - eggs

D - chicken and broccoli

S - protein shake

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 5/29/17 5:57 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Hoping to be around the pool later today. The rain yesterday cancelled those plans yesterday, but it's going to be much warmer today and sunny. I've got my 9 month follow up next week and im a bit nervous for it. That 3 week stall I hit between March and April definitely set me back on my goals for this time, but I still have a week to work extra hard.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with a bit of cheese, coffee

L: 4oz grilled chicken

D: salsa chicken from yesterday ( recipe turned out great)

S: protein bar

E: swimming

W&V

Rachel B.
on 5/29/17 6:55 am, edited 5/29/17 10:58 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Yesterday was good. Had evening munchies, so I ate apple slices.

Yesterdays #'s: Calories-1268, Fat-50.7g, Fiber-9.5g, Carbs-83.9g, Sodium-2979.3mg, Protein-112.4g, Water-2798ml. Daily Calorie Composition: 27% from carbs, 37% from fat and 36% from protein.

AM: Cinnabon K-cups with Caramel Premier Protein

S: 1/2 Chico Brownie blizzard

D: salsa chicken with quinoa - YUMM!!!

water & Vites

E: Legs, treadmill

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

psychoticparrot
on 5/29/17 7:15 am
  1. Scrambled egg, smoked salmon
  2. Thai chicken salad
  3. Fresh cherries
  4. Snack: Apple

W&V: Good so far

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Kristi T.
on 5/29/17 10:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Gwen! Taking this week to gear up for surgery is a great idea, you will do amazing!

It's a beautiful clear Monday here today! My family(Aunt and two Uncles) is coming over tonight for my homemade rhubarb pie...first one of the season. My rhubarb is looking hearty, big and healthy this year.

B-plain Greek yogurt with berries and seeds.

L-Vanilla protein shake

S-?

D-Chicken apple sausage with root veggies

W&V-on track

E-Walked the dog at 7a.m.(she became overheated yesterday)2nd walk before sunset

Have a safe and healthy Memorial Day everyone!

jachristmas
on 5/29/17 11:57 am
VSG on 12/14/16

Feel like crap today.. nasty cold and sore throat. Trying to clean and be ready for family to come this afternoon..but end up on the couch every so often..thankfully I am almost done and the menu is simple this evening..grilling some burgers and chicken, baked beans and a salad. I still do not want to eat today, just planning on getting in what I can, staying hydrated, and staying on this couch as long as I can.

B attempted a scrambled egg and Canadian bacon (nope! ate maybe 1/3 of it and just not gonna happen)

L sipping on a premier shake

D depends on how I feel, planning on bbq chicken but..just not sure yet

Vitamins in. Water, I'm trying but running behind. No exercise besides whatever house work I squeeze in.

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/29/17 12:14 pm
VSG on 07/15/15

B: Coffee and Bacon

L: Polish sausage and Ribs

2nd L: Ribs

Dinner: Ribs

Snack: Coffee and Baby Spinach Salad

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Erin T.
on 5/29/17 1:13 pm, edited 5/29/17 6:15 am
VSG on 01/17/17

We drove back from MD to NY today. Made it in 9 hours on the nose, which is the best time we've ever made. I attribute that to not stopping for anything but gas/bathroom breaks. We ate out a total of 3 times on our 10 day vacation. Once we got take out steamed seafood, we went out for blue crabs in Maryland and we got Five Guys once, which got me two meals nicely. It's so freeing to not be constantly planning which next cool place you'll eat.

I stayed on plan the whole 10 days. I had maybe a bit more snacking than I normally would, but everything was within my calorie/protein goals and things I would have otherwise chosen at home.

Edited to add: I haven't weighed in 10 days, so we'll see how tomorrow goes!

B: Dannon L&F w/ PB2 and Babybel

L: Hillshire Small Plate (jerky & cheese pack)

D: Egg, hot sauce, cheese and sour cream

S: Premier Protein, Pork Rinds, and Jerky (1/3 of a serving)

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Donna L.
on 5/29/17 3:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

That sounds so awesome, Gwen!! I have to do the NYC diet, sometime, haha. It's been too long, kidding aside. I miss the east coast.

As some of you know I am Cleaning All The Things and decluttering like mad! Today I spent mostly decluttering and assembling my new desk. Of course, I forgot I have nowhere to put the old desk. I totally didn't think about it! So, if anyone in the Chicago suburbs wants a really small tiny desk....

On top of it all, I have a dental abscess under a very old crown. Yay. So I have to see if the dentist can see me tomorrow and cancel all my clients, sigh.

Meal #1: protein shake!

Meal #2: curried salmon salad

Meal #3: plain greek yogurt

Meal #4: grilled beef heart with lardons and brussel sprouts.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics