Tastebud changes

Nikke2003
on 5/28/17 6:12 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

The only thing that has changed for me is that post-op, I really love seafood. Then again, maybe I just never really forced myself to eat much of it before and now it's something I finally gave a chance to... hard to say!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/17 7:37 am
VSG on 12/28/16

I also can't drink Crystal Light now. I drank some protein shakes at the start but now the smell makes me gag. The same with coffee. I used to drink it all day. Now it just tastes bitter for the most part. I barely eat red meat now but used to eat it often. For me, lots of things have changed but it doesn't bother me; I just eat what appeals to me now. My doctor says most people have taste changes so I wasn't surprised when it started happening.

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/28/17 11:32 am
VSG on 07/15/15

Nope.

My tastes are just more extreme. Things I didn't like before, I hate now, and things I loved, I love even more.

I actually have a greater love and appreciation for food now, because I have it in smaller amounts and I focus more on the quality and taste of food than just trying to satisfy my hunger.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

lowbrass03
on 6/2/17 10:12 am - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

My taste buds changed when it came to water. Sometimes, it doesnot matter if I am dying of thirst, if I do not like the taste of the water I wont be able to gulp it down. Not even a sip...

I do not know how or why this happens, but its every now and then. I have to be careful to sip slowly and wait for the taste.

Most Active
Recent Topics