Do you ever have unfounded worries about your weight loss?

Knitter215
on 5/27/17 12:25 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

@mershmellow - if you are obsessing over your intake and daily weight please take the time to talk to a therapist about your relationship with food. Unlike other addicts who can avoid what they are addicted to (e.g. alcohol, drugs, gambling) we have to have food.

IMHO, the success of this process is from changing your relationship with food, but that doesn't mean going from eating everything in sight to obsessing if something 10 carbs, should I have had something with 5 instead. Eat from the outside of the grocery store (fresh fruits, veg, meat and dairy) and don't eat processed foods.

Good luck.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/17 12:39 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you for your encouragement. I can definitely see where my thoughts can turn into something very unhealthy if I don't get my head on right for them. I don't want to go the other way and deprive my body. Thankfully I haven't done that. Mostly I just pour over MFP to see what I can do better, which isn't a bad thing, but obsessing over it isn't healthy.

Laura in Texas
on 5/28/17 7:16 am

I think having at least a little fear is important. I have been part of this community for 10 years now. The number of stories I read here and know of in real life of people having significant regains is heartbreaking to me. I also know quite a few people who have gained all of the weight back.

I am still fearful at 8+ years out of failing. It's not debilitating or obsessive but it does keep me motivated to keep taking care of my health. No excuses.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Rachel B.
on 5/28/17 9:29 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I think the fear of regain is natural for us because we've all spent most of our lives yo-yoing. I went through the regain, from 144 back to 241, so I know that IS very possible if you slip back into old eating habits. I find myself also being proof that you can come back if you go back to eating a bariatric diet as we are supposed to.

Eliminate what shouldn't be in your diet. Don't waste your 'honeymoon' weight loss phase. It'll never be as easy to lose weight again as it is now. After your body settles in at it's set weight, then you will learn how to incorporate old foods in healthy portions. Some of them, you may find, might no longer be appealing!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active