3 wks post op - Eating too much/fast, hungry, stall, stretching?

Amalilly
on 5/30/17 11:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 05/23/17

At 7 days post-op, I really needed to read this article. Thank you for the repost.

Thankfully my only 'cheat' has been to try a scrambled egg, apple sauce and peanut butter. I need the oily medium of PB to mix with my many crushed pills to be able to consume them. Anything else I've tried (water based - like the apple sauce experiment) has triggered my gag reflex and then refused to go down, the taste is so vile. At least with the oil base the taste is truly masked.

Weights: HW 370, SW 336, GW 180 (fantasy 145), CW 268.1 (pre surgery -34, M1- 26, M2- 16)
Dates: Referral - Aug 26, 2015, Info Class - Dec 4, Optifast - May 2nd, 2017, Surgery - May 23rd

Surgeon: Dr. J.D. Yelle, Ottawa, ON

theAntiChick
on 5/30/17 1:08 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Check with your doc about how soon you can swallow pills without crushing. Each doc is different, mine said anything smaller than an M&M (I assumed NOT the peanut variety!!) was fine as soon as the day after surgery as long as I didn't have problems keeping water down, and didn't have problems with the pills physically sticking. As I cannot STAND crushed pills with ANY medium, I was eternally grateful. And all of my critical meds were small enough I didn't have any issues.

If the doc knows how much trouble you're having, s/he may have alternatives, or relax the rule for you. Some docs would rather have you swallow small pills than have you throwing up.

But good luck, and know that this is a VERY short time in the grand scheme, it will be over very soon. :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/17 4:01 am
VSG on 12/28/16

You know you are eating too much, too often, and yes you could rupture your stomach at this point. You should not throw up. That is dangerous after surgery. Please Ask your team for a psychiatric recommendation so you can figure out why you are blocking your own success.

Most Active