Miralax

yvranx42
on 5/23/17 9:35 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Thanks! Are you doing a Colace stool softener, OTC?

hollykim
on 5/23/17 10:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 23, 2017 at 4:35 PM Pacific Time, yvranx42 wrote:

Thanks! Are you doing a Colace stool softener, OTC?

I use any generic brand of stool softener, currently, I use Costco brand.

dont be / suprisedif it takes several caps of stool softener more than the recommended. You can't take too many do increase them every night till you get the stool that is comfortable and easy to pass

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/23/17 9:54 am

I had to take 3 dose of Miralax a day. yea. Not cool. But nothing else works.

maybe it would kill me one day ..or not. But if I don't take it- the constipation and gas pain would kill me in a week or 2.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CC C.
on 5/23/17 5:17 pm

I put 2 teaspoons (1/2 a dose) in my coffee each morning. My doctor was fine with me taking a full dose everyday, but that's more than I need.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/27/17 8:47 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I add a half of a capful to my morning protein shake five days a week. It's a lifesaver for me. My colon thanks me for the smooth love

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

MAchick
on 5/31/17 1:19 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

I go in cycles. I always have a slew of laxatives and stool softeners around LOL. Miralax is preferred, but if I suddenly get back up I have suppositories as needed because it makes me sick, fast. Like severe nausea and pain.

But the thing that's been working for me lately?? Friggin kale. I just like it, but the stuff is literally cleaning me out. I've been trying to eat it a few times a week now!

Most Active
Recent Topics