Medicaid coverage in Louisiana for Gastric Sleeve

Jencrouch_
on 2/4/18 1:39 pm - Springfield , La

I call Dr Jebb Butler's office she asked for my name data birth and address. I then received a letter saying I was out of their service area. I live close to Hammond Louisiana. Does anyone have any updates on any surgeon excepting Medicaid?

Jdailey2017
on 7/7/17 4:23 am

Hello new to this site I'm also looking for a surgeon.. was going through process with Dr. Dominguez and he's no where to be found.

KnotashiaM
on 9/5/17 10:36 am
  • Yes, I have all my Medicaid requirements met. I just need the name of a physician who will accept my insurance now. I also had a appt with Dr. Dominguez and it was cancelled as well. Please help!!!! I'm desperate!

Kathy S.
on 9/6/17 8:17 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello,

This was the only surgeon we were aware of since Dr. Dominguez stopped taking Medicaid. However, since I shared this information they have since been hit with so many request they are only taking those that live in the area. Here is the information in case you live near there. We wish you luck. This breaks my heart and as someone suggested everyone in your state needs to contact your representatives and see what can be done. Your state pays so little for this procedure no professional can afford to do the surgery.

July 11, 2017

We have found one and I wanted to share the information with you.

Dr. Jeb Butler

Hartner Medical Clinic

1040 North Pine Road

Olla, LA 71465

(318)495-3880

IMPORTANT INFO: PLEASE READ BELOW!*

YOUR PCP MUST FAX YOUR REFERRAL TO THE OFFICE FIRST AND THEY WILL CALL YOU TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. (Fax is (318)495-3882.) Ask receptionist for Eve's VOICEMAIL ONLY AFTER YOUR REFERRAL HAS BEEN FAXED. It will take her 72 hours or a little more to return your phone calls as Ashe is OVERWHELMED with them, so please try and be patient.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

KnotashiaM
on 9/7/17 9:56 pm

Kathy S.,

Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately, I don't live in that area. So I guess I'm still in search of the needle in thehaystack. I just can't give up! God bless you for trying to help me. I truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Knotashia

Kathy S.
on 9/8/17 7:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Never give up! Contact your local representative and give them hec****ep calling your insurance and give them heck. Let them know paying for weight loss surgery is appreciated but give me a surgeon! If I hear of anyone I will let you know!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Ibrown
on 2/13/18 5:16 am

Hello have you hd surgery yet and if so what doctor

Primas77
on 10/16/19 7:28 am

Which Dr did you use

dh101
on 7/7/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Email AND send letters to your Senators telling them why expanding Medicaid is critical and how bad getting care is in your state.

Right now they think only the upper wealthy are inconvenienced by Obamacare. The fact is that you have insurance but no doctors will accept. You WANT to get healthy, but you can't find a doctor.

Your case is an example of what needs to be fixed. Not a tax cut for the rich. Every other civilized country you would be in a program already.

Best of luck.

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

STACY504GRL
on 7/21/17 2:54 pm

Hi,

Can someone tell me what needs to be done to have the surgery? Do i contact a Dr. first or do I make the appt for the evaluation and do the 6 month tracking first? i'm new to all this and I do not know where to start.

Most Active
Recent Topics