Eating More 19 weeks Post op - Please Help

stacyrg
on 4/27/17 11:05 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree with Gwen 100%. Ditch the fruit entirely. Also, you said that you limit pasta, rice and potatoes as much as possible. For me, at 19 weeks post op, those foods were NEVER on my menu. Again, this is what worked for me; until I reached goal those carby foods were not part of my menu. I stuck to dense proteins like beef, chicken, fish. Snacks (which my program allowed) were protein based, yogurt, cheese, etc. When my capacity increased because the swelling went down and my sleeve relaxed, I increased my dense protein. Instead of 2 oz a serving, I worked to 3. I stated to incorporate a bite of green veggie. I'm almost 3 years post op and at goal and still don't really eat pasta or rice. The dense protein will make you feel fuller longer. Good luck!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/17 11:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

As you get further out from surgery, your sleeve will heal and "mature" and be able to hold more food. This is absolutely normal.

For example, at one month out I could hardly eat half a protein bar. By four or five months I could eat an entire one. At a year, I could maybe eat two (though I don't).

I agree with others' advice. You should be taking in 600 - 800 calories/day during the "honeymoon" phase. Ditch the fruit and sugary coffee. Your meals should be dense protein and MAYBE a bite or two of veggies at the end if you still have room.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Readyjwc
on 4/27/17 2:32 pm, edited 4/27/17 7:36 am
VSG on 01/05/17

I agree with Cathy - get rid of the fruits. Also, there's a sugar free barbecue sauce on Netrition called Guy's Award-Winning Sugar Free BQ sauce. I tried the original and love it on chicken. Just ordered Spicy and Smoked Bacon. Not expensive. Also, Torani and Davinci make sugar free caramel to go into drinks etc

I'm just a few days over 12 weeks and I can only do about 3 oz of protein. I stay between 600 - 700 cals a day. I haven't added in any veggies at this point and no fruits except what is in my yogurt. Bread, pasta, rice and potatoes are off-limits for me. If I only have a 9 month - 1 year window to get to goal, I'm sure as heck not going to eat anything that is going to get in my way.

There are many substitutes for sugars and carbs. This site has a ton of info that can help you.

My best to you.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Luvmygs
on 4/28/17 10:45 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Are you eating protein first? Whenever I eat my meat/chicken/fish first I feel full pretty fast. Sometimes not enough room for vegetables. I have eggs and bacon for breakfast sometimes, but I never eat 3 slices of bacon. I probably could, but don't and its usually turkey bacon. I also always weigh my food to make sure I don't over eat my Sleeve. I'm over 2 years Post Op.

Most Active
Recent Topics