Whatcha eating today? Thursday, 4/20/2017

Gwen M.
on 4/20/17 5:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Thursday! I think I forgot to mention this yesterday but I saw my PCP on Tuesday for my Vyvanse follow-up and she was awesome, no mention of weening me off it like she had mentioned before. So I was panicked for nothing I guess! She also asked me lots of questions because she has another VSG client who is failing and very distressed, in the end I offered my email address and gave my doc permission to pass it along to her other client. We'll see what happens.

Anyway.. yesterday ended with me in a lot of pain. I woke up in pain so I'm not running this morning. I've got my third Statistics exam today and I must get my third Art Appreciation essay since it's due tomorrow but, other than those things, we'll see what I'm able to do. Sadly this pain is all too familiar and I have lots of experience working through it so.. "yay."

1: protein shake
2: another shake (I need to keep my protein up pre-plastics, but pain and food aren't really friends)
3: depends on when/where I am when I need to eat. I'll have a bar in my choir bag and if I get to eat at home I'll have leftover flat iron steak!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: just walking around campus while I'm there all day.

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 4/20/17 6:01 am

Gwen - that is a relief about Vyvanse. I know I'm considering things that could make it so I would have to get off of it and it scares the heck out of me. Having a supportive PCP who you can respect is a wonderful thing. I still drive 30 mins to my old neighborhood because mine is wonderful (and have got my husband hooked on him too).

Work is crazy busy. I realized at the gym last night that it is distracting me from eating. I will never be someone that forgets to eat, but I have not been thinking about it much during the day. I started getting the dizzy spells at the gym again last night. I used to have all them time - when I don't eat enough carbs I get them. It is crazy dizzy and tingling all over. Kind of weird, kind of annoying, kind of like a buzz / high. So I need to make sure to get a bit more today. I swapped out my afternoon snack yesterday with coffee and almonds and my lunch with just salami and veggies. So today I have to make sure to get a bit more carbs in during the day.

B: fit frappe & coffee

L: salami & veggies & clementine (or wonton soup if I want to go out)

S: cottage cheese & berries

D: dinner party - if work is crazy and we bag, leftovers

S: rice cakes & yogurt w/ berries

E: crossfit

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gwen M.
on 4/20/17 6:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't think I realized that you were on Vyvanse too? I'm sorry you might need to go off it - that would scare me too. Hopefully it's for an awesome reason? I was super surprised by this whole thing with my PCP because I've been seeing her for 15-16 years and she really respects my research - she tells me this often. (I'm the one who found the drug that Art takes for his PTSD and it's a miracle drug for him as far as we're all concerned!) So I'd gone to this appointment with abstracts printed out and was ready to have to "fight" with her and then to have to find a new PCP because who wants a doctor who doesn't care about research? :/ Thankfully... it seems great and it was really reaffirming for me to have her ask for my opinion as someone who has been successful with weight loss and maintaining weight loss. (Which, of course, is strange to hear since I haven't reached my goal yet so certainly don't consider myself to be "in maintenance" but... I have lost a lot of weight and I have maintained the weight that I HAVE lost, so I guess she's not wrong?)

How is your mom doing?

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Stacy_WLS
on 4/20/17 6:16 am

I have been dealing with the BED thing (without the label) since about 6 months post op -- and realistically prboably most of my adult lift. Therapy is helpful but it was just a constant struggle. I saw your note on it in November / December when I came back to the boards to support my husband and did some research.

When I talked to my doctor about it, he was all for it. Honestly getting on it was like a light switch for me. It made listening to my logical self a possibility. I'm still on a relatively low dose (30mg) but it is helpful. The evening I can see that it does kind of wear off a little. I am hesitant to increase the dose bc I do have some issues with mellowing out in the evening / insomnia.

Only a supper awesome reason would push me off of it. We will see where life takes me :)

My mom is doing ok. She is still in a wheelchair, but she can drive. My father pushes her down the rail trail by their house, so she can at least get out and get fresh air. She is a super active 68 year old, so being immobilie is hard for her. We are going out to visit for mothers day which will be about 6 weeks since the accident. She is hoping to be in a walking boot by then, but realistically I think it might be longer than that. I'm so glad she was strong going into this otherwise I think the recovery would have been much harder.

My sister and I have still not spoken since everything happened. It totally sucks. My mom mentioned that she has been on my sister about it and thinks she might be finally getting it. We will see.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gwen M.
on 4/20/17 6:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That's GREAT. I'm so glad that it's working for you and that I was, in some small way, able to help :D I did 30mg for a month and found that I was unusually distractible and that it wore off by the end of the day, so my doc increased me to 40mg and that made a huge difference for both the issues. The only side effect I have now is dry mouth which is really annoying, but much better than the binging.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts and I hope that things are better at Mother's Day. Dealing with our parents getting older is just so hard. And siblings.... ugh. With all of my dad's stuff my brother would just shut down because he could Not handle/process it. But I'm sort of a control freak so that worked out well enough :P

Erin T.
on 4/20/17 7:01 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm working a half day today, going to lunch with my oldest daughter for her birthday and then spending the weekend with my husband out at camp. The kids are going to a friends. So, food will be a bit weird as I'm sure we'll decide on a protein "on the go" quite a bit.

B: Siggi's Yogurt and Babybel

L: Out with my daughter, but the last two times I've had a Turkey, BLT wrap minus the wrap and veggies.

D: Fish on the grill, I think. Not sure what variety yet.

S: Premier Protein & maybe cheese?

E: None today, unless it's warm enough to hike around at camp.

One of our chickens opted to start laying eggs that are "just my size" for portions. My husband said if she continues, I can actually have a three egg omelet

Next to a large/ex-large egg another one of our hens lays.

After we cracked it open.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 4/20/17 8:07 am, edited 4/20/17 1:27 am

How cute is that?! Are you sure you don't have a quail out there dressed up in a chicken suit?

Kristi T.
on 4/20/17 10:01 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I was thinking the same thing, wondering if maybe a quail was sneaking in at night and laying its egg!!!

Rachel B.
on 4/20/17 9:39 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Cathy H.
on 4/20/17 7:30 am
VSG on 10/31/16

That egg cracks me up, Erin!

Nothing exciting here today but another gorgeous weather day.

B: Sausage McMuffinless, coffee w/heavy cream

L: Celery sticks w/natural peanut butter

D: Turkey meatballs w/marinara and mozzarella

Water and vites on track

E: Not sure yet

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics